Are you ready for some football!!!
Football is not only for the guys anymore – there are more and more females who love the sport just as much if not better! The NFL teams started to recognize this and there has been a large increase in fan memorabilia and apparel that is geared toward the female fans. There are some fun books out like Football for Women, Football 101 a Females guide to the NFL and more that can help any lady that wants to learn the game. Also many NFL teams even give classes for females to learn and understand the game.
Why women like football.
These are just a few samplings and not every female football fan may agree with all of them but it gives you an idea on why football is female friendly. These are also not in any particular order of importance.
- Women tend to be more passionate and supportive for things they love – The Perfect Fan!
- Great way to get to know the special male in your life. This could be a boyfriend, a husband, a brother, a father or a son. You can share in a part of his life that he feels passionate about. In one word – Bonding.
- What could be better than sitting in a stadium and having so many men in tight uniforms running around in front of you entertaining you for approximately 3 hours! Football is much better and last longer than any Chippendale routine.
- There are only a few games every season and for the most part they are played at the same day and time every week (Sunday & Monday). This makes scheduling for the weekend easy.
- Tailgating – The food, the rowdy friends, the simply and easy clean up. And it doesn’t happen in your kitchen!
- You don’t have to know all the rules to still enjoy watching the game.
- Lots of time outs – gives you time to have conversations, go to the bathroom or get something to eat without missing anything.
- The colorful uniforms and the more colorful outfit some of the fans dress in. Fashion at its weirdest makes for an interesting sideshow.
- After working hard all week – it’s good to sit back and watch while someone else does some work. Those football players that think its tough chasing down a wide received have no idea what it is like chasing down children.
- The game can be watched in person at a stadium or at home or in a crowed bar with other fans. Enough choices for any female to make for whatever mood she is in at game time.
No matter what the reason is that other females like football I can only say for myself – I just love the passion of the game and the fans and I enjoy being a part of that. The best thing for me is the special bonding I have with my daughter who is my football game partner too.
We own season seats for the Philadelphia Eagles and have done so for over 20 years. Other members of our family like different teams and it always is a fun rivalry with them come game day. The ring tone on my phone when my daughter calls it the Hank Williams Monday Night Football Theme – Yeah we are true football fans!