As an avid CoutureCollector and a true lover of everything VERSACE, I'd like to draw attention to a problem I've noticed that's only getting BIGGER. Many dishonest seller's are selling fake, replica Versace handbags and selling them as authentic. Many of these dishonest sellers' are now going to Great Lengths to deceive the average buyer. Many are now offering a "RECEIPT" with purchase. This means they'll list a so called "authentic" bag on ebay and even offer to "include" a copy of the receipt from where it was purchased. Here's how this scam works...
1. They'll buy a replica handbag from an online source. 99% of these bags come from China and the MOST any replica bag will sell for is about $250. What's scary is that these copies are getting pretty good! They'll come with a sleeper bag and tags! I can easily tell a fake from an authentic by looking at the tag. I've spent $ tens of thousands at Versace Boutique's (much to the dismay of my husband!). If you have a doubt, drop me an email and I'll be more than happy to give you my feedback.
2. Most of these bags are bought from I-OFFER.COM - this is the online source for everything REPLICA! Check them out for yourself - you'll be shocked at the number and variety of counterfeit items! Everything from Versace, Gucci, Dolce, Prada, Balenciaga, Seven Jeans, Rock & Republic, Juicy Couture & even Juicy Couture for kids!!! Juicy Couture outfits (the 2 piece set) are sold for as cheap as $25 the set!! The most expensive bags sell for as cheap as $100!! I personally noticed a seller selling FAKE Versace "V" bags for over a $1000 that he was buying for $200!!! He claimed that they where authentic when I was 100% sure they where FAKE!! Please check out my blog for more info.
3. The DISHONEST Seller will then buy an AUTHENTIC BAG from a store with a Generous Return Policy. Guess what they do next??? Yup, they buy the authentic bag and RETURN IT FOR A FULL REFUND!! Now guess what they're left with?? You guessed it!!! A copy of or actual receipt!!!! Starting to figure out the scam? Good!!
4. 99.9% of sellers (that I notice selling FAKE goods) will tell you they have a receipt - but nearly NONE will include the receipt with purchase! Now, why do you think that is? Perhaps because they'd like to have that same receipt for the next Victim!
5. Many of these seller's will tell you that they can't include a copy of the receipt for several reasons... the most idiotic reason I've read so far is from seller PARKAVE79. This seller states that they CANNOT INCLUDE A COPY OF RECEIPT BECAUSE THEY USED CASH TO PAY FOR THE ITEM. Are you kidding me? The only reason one MIGHT not want to include would be personal credit card info - what could someone take from a receipt where CASH was used? Getting the idea?
6. This same seller PARKAVE79 is currently selling Versace bags with a copy of a Neiman Marcus receipt. Well, guess what??? She also sold another Versace Bag a few weeks ago USING THE VERY SAME COPY OF RECEIPT!!! The receipt is IDENTICAL. Both Auctions show the same $$ amount, same store, same cashier and purchased at the same time. What are the odds this seller purchased 2 (or more) of these bags for over $4,000 EACH at the same date, same time, same exact store - for 2 DIFFERENT BAGS and decides to sell them on ebay for aprox $500? By the way - this same seller is and has also offered other bags for sale with a copy of receipt (but again, she won't include the actual receipt -just a picture of it).I think you get the picture.
I RECENTLY STARTED A BLOG DIRECTED AT COUNTERFEIT ITEMS AND DISHONEST SELLERS. FOR MORE INFO ON THESE DISHONEST SELLERS, PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG. YOU'LL BE AMAZED AT HOW BRAZEN THEY'VE BECOME!! IT ALSO INCLUDES THE USER NAMES OF THESE DISHONEST SELLERS. A COUPLE OF THESE SELLER'S ARE SELLING COUNTERFEIT VERSACE BAGS AND CLAIMING THEY'RE AUTHENTIC RIGHT NOW!!
Please remember, if it sounds too good to be true, chances are likely, it just might be. Also - the term "Power Seller" doesn't mean a thing! Just because a seller has excellent feedback doesn't mean he or she is honest! It could easily be that they just haven't been caught yet. Look at their last sales!!! Have they sold the same or similar item with the SAME receipt? Guess what? They're scamming you. Be aware and be wise before you bid or buy!
If you'd like any more info, again, pleas check out my blog or contact me personally for the ITEM #'s of all the AUCTIONS or SELLER'S NOTED ABOVE.