BEWARE of the many fake True Religion Jeans on Ebay! Knowledge is power, so this is to help you become an educated authentic jeans buyer. Especially for "newbie" buyers that might not know better.
Here is a list of things ALWAYS to ask the seller & ALWAYS to look for::
~Please Don't Forget To Vote At The Bottom that this guide helped a little that way others can see fakes do indeed exist~
- Authentic True Religion have 2 or 3 interior tags! Depending on if they are an older model.
The 1st has the size & there is tiny silver stitching at the bottom (on most..not all) & behind it has the RN Style #. The 2nd tag has a horshoe & the 3rd tag has style#, cut, & the % of cotton it is made from. ALWAYS ASK TO SEE PICTURES OF THAT!
- Fake True Religion only have 1 interior tag & half the time the size is sewn wrong & the tag is crumpled, & the size number is partly in the fold!
- Authentic True Religion have a VERY sharp point to the pockets w/ a flap ("Joey" Style).
- Fake ones have a more rounded flap!
- Authentic have a clear "U" style as the horseshoe pattern on the pockets. It goes all the way up on flap pockets & the bottom!
- Fake have a more rounded style "U' that is more towards the shape of a half of an "0".
- Authentic have dark red buddha printed inside pockets. Or some of the new styles that have the "spray painted look" horseshoe will have "U" horseshoes on the inside of the pockets.
- Fake have faded buddha & pilling on the inside pockets. The pockets almost looked washed out or worn!
- The inside stitching on real ones is tight,visible thick & immaculate.
- Fake inside stitching is frayed, no visible threads, & looks like a 2 year old "TRIED" to sew it together.
Authentic tend to run pretty true to size! If you see an ad that says ex. "28 but runs small like a 26" BEWARE. Knock Offs run 2-3 sizes small!
Watch out if the jeans come in a clear True Religion Buddha bag. True Religion does not put the jeans in these!!
This is how the authentic inside pockets look. BRIGHT RED BUDDHA & Solid Thick seams!
This is a pair of knock offs I got from Ebay, believe it or not they said NEW! Look how faded & pilled the Buddha are!
THIS IS THE FAKE W/ THE RED EMPHASIZING THE POORLY ROUNDED FLAP POCKET & THE HORSESHOE DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO THE BOTTOM OR OF THE POCKET! IT IS MORE LIKE THE HALF "O" NOT "U"!
THESE ARE AUTHENTIC! SEE HOW MUCH POINTIER THE BACK FLAP IS & SEE HOW MUCH FURTHER THE HORSESHOE GOES DOWN TO FORM A DEEPER "U"!
This is the authentic tag. It has the silver stitch under the 29. You can see part of the 2nd tag under the sizing which is the horseshoe + there is one under that one!
This is the fakie! See the inside tag only has 1 & it is crumpled & mismatchie etc. Also, NOTE the "price tag" this is printed up & man made! Authentic's have a sticker on a denim like Buddha tag/ Also, NOTE the poor stitching on the seam! It is not solid & is zigzaggidy & looks awful!
See this is an AUTHENTIC Price tag! The opposite side is white w/ the Buddha! Alot of fakes come w/ a tag that looks printed on a madmade little tag. NOT THIS BIG TAG!
Things to keep in mind!
Check the sellers other listings! If they have a bunch of the same style listed, that could be a red flag of knock offs. You can go online & find sellers in Asia selling "wholesale" replicas & you have to buy like 15 off the same style!
True Religion only sells to upscale department stores, or high end retail boutiques that have to be pre-qualified to even resell the True Religion Brand!!!They do not sell wholesale to anyone else!
If the price is to good to be true, it probably is! Don't jump on something without asking tons of questions! YOU WILL REGRET IT!
Like I said, MOST importantly ask about the tags, & reconfirm ARE THESE 100% GENUINE AUTHENTIC? Bogus sellers try & confuse you by saying 100% New True Relgion...they DON'T mention Authentic anywhere~
Alot of times, just because a person has some previous good feedback on the jeans, it does'nt mean anything! Some people buy knock offs & just don't know any better, then they leave a positive feedback. That happened to me, before I educated myself. I bought a pair of jeans, & checked the sellers feedback & it was semi-pretty good, & she had a positive on the True Religion Jeans, so I thought I was ok...well, the replicas pictured above was what I got!! She refused to refund my money! I REFUSED to get scammed, so I filed a dispute with paypal & Ebay. Luckily, I got my money back.
Selling counterfeit items on Ebay is NOT ALLOWED! So if you do or did get scammed. Report it immediately & file a dispute with paypal.
I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU INSIGHT TO HOW TO FIND THE AWESOME AUTHENTIC JEANS & AVOID THE SCAMS THAT ARE KNOCK OFFS!
PLEASE CHECK THE YES BOX BELOW! THAT WAY, WE CAN GET AT THE TOP OF GUIDE LISTS & MORE BUYERS CAN EASILY FIND THIS INFO & AVOID THE FAKIES & AVOID GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I am happy to help!
THANKS & HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY~~~