I am a shoe collector. I have been collecting shoes since I was a kid. My favorite brands are Jordans, Nike Air Max, Reeboks, Bapes, AF1s, etc. I like to keep up with the hip hop world of fashion because that's where the money is!
I'm writing this guide to help people figure out the difference between *REAL* and *FAKE* Jordans Retro 4s. I want to share my experience with everyone who collects and buy these shoes.
To be specific, this guide is to describe the difference between the REAL and FAKE Nike Air Jordans Retro 4s. Today, the fakes are getting harder and harder to spot. And these especially, but like all fakes there are always a flaw! No matter what, there is always a way to tell a fake Jordan shoe from the real one. Fakes are crappier quality shoes that fall apart easier and faster!
These are a few ways to spot *FAKE JORDANS*
1. The box is alot smaller than the authentic one.
2. The Jumpman on the top of the box is off centered as well as it's not as bright of a red, like it's been copied. (Same goes for the label on the side)
3. The cement grey is alot darker than the authentic pair. ( There are also less black speckles)
4. The Jumpman logo/flight on the tongue. There is a noticeable difference mainly the red/black pattern that is seen behind the logo.
5. The Air Jordan wording on the inside of the tongue has a slightly reddish color to it as well.
6. This is a dead give away. Ebay sellers never show the inside sole of the shoes...which I find interesting...the authentic pair is "Black" and the fake pair has a "Red" sole.
7. The stitching behind the triangle has moreof a "rounded" appearance vs. the fake pair that comes to more of an angle.
8. The Nike tag is not as red as the authentic one and it's much more transparent.
9. There is spacing between the white pods within the air pockets on the fakes.
10. The mesh on the side tends to be more "straight up and down more than slanted" with the authentic pair which is not as noticeable as how "thick" the fake mesh is. The fake mesh is almost 1/8 of an inch vs. the authentic pair which is 1/16 or double the thickness.
Hopefully, this guide was helpful to all Jordan Spizikes collectors. However, there are things to note. They are: Color, Designs, Shape (Most fake Jordans are deformed in some way....Authentic, Real Jordans will never be deformed), and last but not least, Details. Compare the pictures of authentic shoes provided on issforums.com and niketalk.com and other nike websites, especially if they're new releases, to see the difference between REAL and FAKE!
If you find this helpful, say so. I hope I'm not doing this for nothing!
MAKE SURE YOU REPORT FAKE ITEMS
Motto: It is our duty to keep Ebay a safe shopping community