IF THIS GUIDE IS HELPFUL TO YOU, PLEASE CLICK ONTO THE YES BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THANKS!
There are pages and pages of fake Columbia items that keep making their way to Ebay. There are many legitimate Columbia sellers, that have 1000's of positive feedbacks. If I were a buyer, that's who I'd buy from. Beware of the international sellers that are having their items shipped directly to you from China. Authentic Columbia merchandise must be purchased from an authorized dealer, it cannot be purchased directly from the factory. Even authorized dealers must purchase their goods directly from Columbia. Here are some things to look for, when making your purchase:
1) There must be a Columbia tag in the lower left inside of the jacket, that shows the model number of the coat. It could start with an F or S and could say S04, S05, S06, F04, F05, F06..etc, then there are 4 numbers that follow. The 4 numbers that follow that, are the actual model number.
2) On mens coats, the fake coats typically have the zipper, zipping up the wrong side, like it was a ladies coat.
3) If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is. Honest sellers that are selling authentic Columbia Sportswear merchandise, cannot afford to give the items away. High quality merchandise, such as Columbia, is expensive, even at our cost. NWsalesconnection Ebay store
4) Does the seller list the model name of the jacket? It seems that most of the fake items being listed, have no model name, no color name, etc. They are simply being listed as "new Columbia jacket". If the seller doesn't list the model or color name, email them for more information. Ask them for the model name, Columbia color name, and the model number inside the jacket. If they cannot give you this information, then you might want to consider shopping with another seller.
5) The model/color/SKU hangtags for the jacket are hanging in the neck, not on the sleeve. The only tag(s) that should be hanging on the front, are the waterproof/breathability/spec tags that are attached to the zipper.
6) Most of the fake jackets that I have seen, are only done in two colors. There is no 3rd trim color, and there seem to be very few details to the coats. (usually a bright color with grey or black as the accent color) Also, most of the fake coats that I have seen, have the Titanium label or hang tag on the zipper. Just keep in mind...a high quality, Columbia Titanium coat, typically retails for $300+. Is it reasonable to think that you are actally going to buy one for $30-$50? If you see that type of item, figure, it's too good to be true....and move on! NWSALESCONNECTION AUTHENTIC TITANIUM PARKAS
7) The fake jackets look OK on the outside, although the fabric is not a fabric that Columbia uses. But, the inside liners are very thin and flimsy...nothing that is even remotely close to the real deal. There are no lower inside Columbia tags, inside the shell part of the jacket. This is where Columbia puts the model number and care instructions for all of their jackets. Have the seller send you a complete photo of the inside of the jacket, showing you the inside label. (the fake ones have a label at the neckline, but now lower inside attached labels)
8) Buy from reputable sellers with established feedback. When you're buying a high ticket item, you need to feel safe making that purchase. Beware of sellers from China and the UK, that have very few feedbacks, and are listing pages of the same Columbia jacket, in multiple colors! They are getting kicked off of Ebay daily, but they keep coming back with new user ID's. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOT, NEW AUTHENTIC COLUMBIA COATS!
9) Watch out for one day auctions! Sellers that are selling fake items, don't want to be caught. When they run one day auctions, it is difficult for Columbia or Ebay to catch them and end their auctions. Don't get duped by this!
Two well known Columbia Sportswear sellers, on Ebay, are nwsalesconnection and pacificshoesandapparel. Both have been in business for several years, and both have guarateed authentic merchandise. Buy from them and you won't be disappointed.
IF THIS GUIDE WAS HELPFUL TO YOU, PLEASE CLICK ON THE YES BUTTON BELOW. THE MORE YES VOTES THAT THIS GUIDE GETS, THE HIGHER UP THE RANKINGS IT GOES. THAT WILL HELP TO ENSURE THAT MORE POTENTIAL COLUMBIA BUYERS ARE ALERTED TO HOW TO SPOT FAKE MERCHANDISE. THANKS!