Nominations are solicited from eBay's Community Development Team, as well as previous award winners.
Hall of Fame Award Nominee Requirements:
- Must be an active participant in the eBay Community for a minimum of two years.
- Must have made outstanding positive contributions to the eBay Community.
- Must have made these contributions through active participation in community activity (in addition to buying and selling).
- Must have continued this level of contribution for more than two years.
- Must have consistently endeavored to follow the eBay User Agreement and eBay Policies.
- glenda - glenda has shared her knowledge about eBay on several eBay and eBay-related discussion for several years. Nowadays you'll find her frequently on the Answer Center. She still remembers her first post there: it was on November 19th, 2002, minutes after the Answer Center opened. Her first answer was to direct a seller whose listing hadn't indexed yet to a Frequently Asked Questions page she had created, titled "Why Can't I Find My Listing?" From that point, she has been going strong on the Answer Center, and the Search and My eBay discussion boards.
- tiptie - You'll find tiptie on the Bidding Board, patiently translating bid histories for inquiring minds and explaining the best ways to place a bid.
- bobal - bobal, aka Bob Bull, is an eBay Icon. bobal has helped countless eBayers navigate the in's and out's of buying and selling on eBay with his Bob's Tips and assistance on the Photos & HTML Discussion Board. For the past several years, members of the eBay Community have benefited from bobal's Tips. Bob has helped new and active eBay members to improve their eBay experience and he does it everyday, day in and day out. bobal was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in the 1986, he thought his useful life was over until he found eBay in 1998. Since then he has devoted his life to helping fellow eBayers. Today his life is filled with eBay friends.
- cherbear - cherbear started looking at eBay in November of 1996 and became a registered user on 1997. She "fell into" the Cafe by accident on January 29th of 1997 with a problem, and never left. Later, cherbear found the Q & A Board for User to User Information, AOL Cafe, Discuss eBay's Newest Features Board, the Trading Cards Board, and the Beanie Babies Board, and started to talk and help on those boards too. She has visited and helped on other eBay boards as well. Her About Me page has always provided a great explanation of how dutch auctions work.
- abuttonlady -
- email@example.com -
- madorman -
- tompainesghost -
- cizzors -
- docgipe - Longtime owner of a professional doll restoration business, Doc ventured into the world of computers/eBay as his eyesight failed and he entered early retirement. He willingly shared many restoration techniques that were formerly 'secrets' of the trade with members of eBay's community and encouraged young would-be doll doctors through a prepared eBay Workshop on restoration and his daily input threads. On doctor's orders he is now off the computer and is outdoors attempting to grow the world's largest pumpkin each year!
- nurse_edna - One of the earliest contributors to the eBay community boards, nurse_edna is always the voice of reason on interactions between buyers and sellers. Keep communications factual and professional are always her mantra. A woman of few words who knew how to get the point across without belaboring a point: Don't feed the trolls.
- dejavubooks -
2003 - eBay's CEO Meg Whitman honored each award member on stage at eBay Live! 2003 in Orlando during the gala party. This year, in addition to a commemorative trophy, each Community Award recipient had $1,000 donated in their name to the charity of their choice, funded by the eBay Foundation.
- goodfynder - An active buyer and seller of dolls and related items, goodfynder has been a contributor to the boards for many years. goodfynder was instrumental in building the Doll Board community from its earliest beginnings, and her contributions set the positive tone within which this board community has consistently provided a fun, educational and welcoming atmosphere for anyone interested in dolls. goodfynder selected the Pacific Lutheran University Athletics/Crew team as the recipient of the eBay Foundation grant.
- rosiefuture - Helps calm the volatile Town Square, setting a great example in all her posts. rosiefuture's "PERFECTLY, peaceful, post" thread was alive for almost two years, providing a shelter from turbulence when the board is chaotic and people just want a fun place to chat. On a board where members eagerly debate politics and religion, rosiefuture helped provide the stability that allows the community to embrace chaos, and return to the hearth when the debate is over. rosiefuture selected the Valley River Humane Society as the recipient of the eBay Foundation grant.
- wizard-of-bras - For nearly two years, eBay powerseller wizard-of-bras (formerly known as livsnana) posted a new thread on both the Auction Listings and Clothing discussion boards each day to encourage friendly chatting and mutual encouragement. wizard-of-bras included a question each day as a means of giving newcomers an easy way to join in. wizard-of-bras also hosted an "introduce yourself" thread on the Clothing Board, assuring that all newcomers feel welcomed and wanted. Her leadership helped both of these massive boards be healthy and inclusive communities. wizard-of-bras selected Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital Foundation as the recipient of the eBay Foundation grant.
- beachbadge - An eBay buyer and seller and an active participant on The Park and Miscellaneous discussion boards, beachbadge is also a police dispatcher and 911 operator. beachbadge is a willing volunteer, not only on the boards, but also as a writer for The Chatter and serving as a member of Voices. Her virtual "rum balls" are famous in the weekly Share Your Wares events. beachbadge selected Avon-by-the-Sea First Aid and Safety Squad as the recipient of the eBay Foundation grant. The Squad is a volunteer group that provides emergency services to the four season, seaside community located on the Atlantic Ocean -just 60 miles from New York and Philadelphia.
- danceswithcameras - An active regular participant on the Town Square for more than four years, danceswithcameras interests in "real life" are "being a silversmith, a musician and a photographer". danceswithcameras currently hosts the "Town Square Photo Album," giving members a place to store the images they want to share with the wider Community. danceswithcameras selected SER de New Mexico, Inc. as the recipient of the eBay Foundation grant.
2004 - At the event-closing Gala Party, the winners present at eBay Live! were brought up on stage in front of all the attendees to accept their awards and personally thanked by the CEO of eBay, Meg Whitman. In honor of their contributions to the eBay Community, the eBay Foundation donated $2,500 to the charity of choice for each of the award winners.
- disdannie - She is quick with a joke or a cheerful greeting and loves to post small graphics to lighten and brighten boards. She knows eBay inside and out, and is always ready to help another member find the needed information or resources when they have a problem. disdannie selected to have her charitable donation made to The Laura Recovery Center.
- quiltworks - Has been an avid helper on the eBay boards for several years. Finding that eBay was a great place to reach out to people all over the world, she cheerfully answers questions about all aspects of selling on eBay, usually on the Auction Listings discussion board. She also actively promotes events and information that help other sellers become more successful. quiltworks elected to have her charitable donation made to The Women Graduates' Club at Boston University.
- abit-of-the-past - Sitting at his computer in his home state of Washington, abit-of-the-past started a thread titled "ONE" on the Miscellaneous discussion board in 2001 and stepped into eBay history. Still active more than three years later, this is the oldest continual discussion on eBay. He is also well known for his good-natured participation on The Park and the Soapbox boards. abit-of-the-past chose to have his charitable donation made to The Providence General Foundation.
- jtshadow2000 - Very well known in eBay's Community forums, particularly in the chat areas. She devotes large amounts of her time, day and at night, to helping other eBay members on the Emergency Contact and Discuss eBay's New Features chat boards. jtshadow2000 was one of the first members to sign up for eBay's new Volunteers program. jtshadow2000 decided to have her charitable donation made to God's Helping Hands of Mecosta County.
- tmfvideo - Obtained quite a reputation in the Community over the years for being extremely friendly towards all members. Perhaps nowhere is that more apparent than in eBay's weekly Share Your Wares events. This is a Community event on the boards where members can advertise two of their listings, provided that they fit that week's theme. You can often find tmfvideo at The Park, where he maintains the board's Baby Faces collections, so members can each other's baby pictures. tmfvideo opted to have his charitable donation made to Gay and Lesbian Community Center.
2005 - This year's winners received their awards personally from Bill Cobb, eBay's President of North America. A copy of the crystal award is also displayed in the main lobby of eBay's corporate offices in San Jose, California. The eBay Foundation donated $2,500 to the charity of choice for each of the award winners.
- bobmill - With more than 25,000 helpful posts in the Answer Center at the time of the ceremony, bobmill is an eBay Community legend. He's been on eBay a long time, since November 1997. At the time of the award, bobmill had a turquoise shooting star, which meant his feedback score was also over 25,000. bobmill's charity of choice is the Best Friends Animal Society.
- pi_r_square - eBay member since late 1997. He frequently assists other members on the Trust & Safety, Policy, and PayPal boards and has an informative About Me page for assistance with Trust and Safety issues and buying and selling questions.
- rockboss2000 - She has been an eBay member since January 2001, and she can be found on the boards frequently assisting members who experience technical issues with their computers while using the eBay site. She also has an extremely helpful About Me page with tips on how to trouble-shoot technical issues. rockboss2000's charity of choice is Dallas-based Heart House.
- afternoon-daydreams - She has been an eBay member since February 2000. She is an active member of the Voices of the Community and Mentors programs. She is extremely helpful on the International Trading discussion board. During last year's terrible Tsunami disaster in Asia and Africa, afternoon-daydreams was at the forefront of members' efforts to provide relief to the victims through eBay Giving Works. afternoon-daydreams chose South Carolina Awareness and Rescue for Equines (SCARE).
- *zip - *zip (1948-2006) was an eBay member since October 2003. She was a dedicated helper on the About Me, New to eBay, Photos/HTML, and Packaging & Shipping discussion boards. *zip chose the Washington State University Foundation.
2006 - During the Town Hall, the winners present at eBay Live! were brought up on stage in front of all the attendees to accept their awards and personally thanked by the CEO of eBay, Meg Whitman, and Bill Cobb, President of eBay North America. In honor of their contributions to the eBay Community, the eBay Foundation donated $2,500 to the charity of choice for each of the award winners.
- purpleferret999 - purpleferret999 resides in Canada and is a popular participant on the Canada Town Square discussion board where she is often found providing assistance to new members. She is a member of eBay Canada’s Voices of the Community program, an information/opinion-input program that eBay uses to gather feedback about the site. purpleferret999 has volunteered as a greeter for Canada’s eBay on the Road educational program, and is a certified Education Specialist. purpleferret999 chose the Louisiana SPCA to receive the grant from the eBay Foundation.
- my*only*princess - Since 2004, has been the leader of the eBay group Boutique Angels Charity Organization, an eBay group dedicated to improving the lives of children in need from all over the world. Led and organized by my*only*princess, this group lists charity auctions through eBay’s Giving Works program to raise money for a wide variety of charities. In 2 years, they raised over $39,000 for Hurricane Katrina victims, tsunami survivors, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the Marine’s Toys-for-Tots program, and more. my*only*princess chose the Beardstown Heritage Preservation Foundation as the benefactor of her eBay Foundation grant.
- dave-r and b.wind - These members formed an extremely important duo that worked around-the-clock to provide weather information to the eBay Community during the devastating hurricanes that rocked the Gulf Coast area of the United States the summer of 2005. As a result of their efforts, eBay created the new Natural Disaster and Relief Information discussion board.
- Dave-r’s experience with emergency management and weather tracking for tornadoes helped him organize the information to assist those in the paths of hurricanes, including notifying of storm watches, warnings, evacuation routes, and relief efforts. Dave-r awarded his grant from the eBay Foundation to the Salvation Army SATERN program.
- B.wind got his start on eBay in 1999. He has a 100% Feedback rating and trades in CDs and DVDs. He began the “Hurricane Watch” threads in 2004 on the Miscellaneous discussion board to assist eBay members with information about the storms. B.wind has chosen to gave his charity donation to the Marshall University Foundation focusing on the HELP program.
- Bone*diva started and leads the Art Card Editions and Originals eBay group (ACEO). With over 2900 members, she organized the artists who help each other understand how to sell their self-created trading card artwork on eBay. In the ACEO group, they share information on selling strategies and important trends for ACEOs. Their efforts have empowered artists to succeed because they are able to eliminate the “middle man”, i.e., art galleries, and sell their artwork directly to the buyer. Bone*diva chose the Donor Sibling Registry to receive her charity grant from the eBay Foundation.