Learn how to drive more traffic to your store and optimize search engine visibility for your eBay store. eBay has amaizng free tools that can make your store visible to Google, Yahoo!, and many other search engines. eBay also has tools that help you get repeat customers. These tools can even help you receive 75% off your seller fees!!
When I first decided to create an eBay store I did a lot of research. I watched all the eBay University videos and read a lot of the help information that can be found on the eBay website. I found many useful tools that eBay offers its store owners that most PowerSellers do not even know about or take advantage of! Since I started my store, my sales have been outstanding and the traffic into my store is amazing because of the great advertising tools eBay offers. Below is a task list that every store owner should use to drive more traffic to their store. If you correctly advertise your store you can raise your montlhy sales and even cut your seller fees down by 75%!
Driving Traffic to your Store
Store Header & Description
Your store header & description are heavily used by Google, Yahoo! and other search engines
The store description, although it may not be pretty, should contain mainly key search engine words
Ex store header: Dahl4You specializes in the gaming industry. We offer a very broad range of Nintendo (NES), Atair, Sega, Dreamcast, Super Nintendo (SNES), Playstation (PS1), Playstation (PS2), XBOX, XOBX360, Playstation 3 (PS3), Nintendo Wii, and games such as Metroid, Zelda, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Donkey Kong, Halo, Mega Man series, Super Mario Brothers, and thousands of other titles.
Search Engine Key Words Editor
- Make sure you take advantage of the search engine key words editor
- Sign in to your eBay account and find the link to search engine keywords on the main page in your store manager
- Look at what eBay has defaulted as keywords for your store and add/delete words that will be helpful when potential customers are searching for your products
- Another set of search engine optimized sites are your store pages
- Ex - If you are selling silver jewelry a good store page would be how to take care of and clean silver jewelry
- When someone searches for silver jewelry care on any search engine they could end up on your store page which is connected to your store and products!
- The more information included in your store pages about your products the better chance you have of them being picked up by a search engine
How to Receive 75% off your Store Inventory Costs!!
- Did you know that if you drive traffic to your store you can receive 75% off the final value fee of your sold item
- If someone purchases an item from your store and they came from a site oustide of eBay (Google, Yahoo!, ect.) then you receive 75% off the final value fee of that item - Think of how much money that could save!!
- One excellent way to drive traffic to your store from outside without using search engines is to buy your own domain name
- Sites like GoDaddy.com offer domain names for as littls as $9 / year
- Ex - Our store name is Dahl4You so we purchased the domain -www Dahl4You com- (cannot enter links in guides - sorry) from GoDaddy. All traffic from this site is automatically sent to our eBay store. When advertising our store we send people to -www Dahl4You com- instead of the eBay url. If they purchase an item from our store this is considered a purchase from outside eBay and we receive 75% off the final value fee!!
~We hope these tips helped~
Don't Forget to Vote on this Guide