For each tussie mussy you will need:
• 1 yard of 4 inch wide (or wider depending upon the look you want) lace in a color that coordinates with the flowers you plan to use.
• Small silk and dried flowers in your choice of colors. Since you are creating a miniature bouquet, it is important to keep the flowers small in scale.
• Optional: Fresh herbs such as rosemary that dry well to add scent.
• A spool of flexible florists wire.
• Florists tape (the type that sticks to itself).
• Assorted small silk and dried flowers.
• 18 inches of coordinating ½ inch ribbon.
Select the flowers and/or herbs that you want to use (being sure to keep them small and in scale with each other) and, holding them in one hand, create your bouquet. I always include rosemary in my tussie mussies since rosemary is the herb of remembrance. I keep my bouquet between 4 and 6 inches across and cut longer stems to no more than 8 or 9 inches. When you are satisfied with your bouquet, tightly wrap a short length of wire directly below the flowers to hold your arrangement in place.
Using another length of wire, run it through the bottom of your lace and pull to gather. Arrange the lace around beneath the flowers and twist the wire ends tightly to hold in place. Cut off the excess wire.
Beginning at the top portion of the stems directly beneath the lace, securely wrap the stems with floral tape, making certain that all wires and stems are hidden from view. (See photo below)
Finally, add a bow beneath the lace ruff to finish off your tussie mussie.
If you found this project helpful, please scroll to the bottom of the page and vote.
Regards, Flo Dove Originals Trims