Updated: 01/27/09 - We did it! I've lost 40 lbs. and my husband is maintaining his 25 lb. weight loss. If you are determined to lose weight and learn how to eat proper portions and still have yummy desserts - read on!
Like so many people, I've tried a ton of different diets. We (hubby and I) are now both on Nutrisystem and we love it and it's working! To save a little money, I decided to purchase some products on eBay.
BEFORE YOU BUY...
1. Read the entire ad
2. Check shipping costs
3. Here's the most important thing...check expiration dates. IF the seller has not indicated any expiration dates in the ad, ASK!!
4. DO NOT BID ON ANY NUTRISYSTEM PRODUCTS THAT ARE PICTURED IN BROWN PACKAGING. THAT IS OLD PACKAGING FROM 2006/2007 AND YOUR FOOD WILL NOT TASTE GOOD!!
5. How do I know this? Yes, I did it - and ultimately had to throw out over 75 items of a 100 item purchase lot.
6. We all love to buy the cookies - BUT, some sellers aren't packing them in bubble wrap and they arrive broken. YES THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO - MORE THAN HALF THE COOKIES WERE BROKEN!!
7. To truly be a smart Nutrisystem shopper on eBay - save your packing slip from Nutrisystem and compare per item cost on the items you may THINK you can save money on by buying on eBay. If you know the per unit cost, then you'll know if you're actually getting a good deal - especially when you are adding shipping to the cost of your purchase.
8. Remember too, that a non-communicative seller is not a seller you want to buy from even if they have the product you're looking for. You won't be happy with your purchase - I guarantee it!
So - if you remember NEVER to purchase old Nutrisystem products packaged in brown - KNOW that this year's Nutrisystem packaging goes as follows: Breakfast is blue/green; lunch is green/white; dinner is red/green and dessert is pink/white.
Simple packaging color coding to let you know that product was made in 2008 and is fresh and okay for you to eat.
09/08: It happened again! I wanted to purchase some breakfast granola bars and asked the seller specifically if they were all in the blue/green 2008 packaging. She said yes and so I bought them. Imagine my surprise when the package arrived with 3 bars with the old packaging from 2007. So, I guess even asking if the product is current isn't enough - so BE SPECIFIC
From a personal standpoint - anything with broccoli in it is a DON'T BUY for me! Best of luck to you on Nutrisystem, it's working for us and I hope it works for you. All you have to do is WORK THE PROGRAM, DRINK THE WATER AND GET A LITTLE EXERCISE EACH DAY! You can even go out to dinner once in awhile too! I think it helps me have that 'REAL FOOD' feeling and if you don't go crazy-you won't gain a pound!!
UPDATE 10/06/08: We've been on Nutrisystem now for 5 months and I'm down 40 lbs. My husband is also down 26 lbs and he's happy with his weight-but is still doing Nutrisystem for breakfast & lunch. I found out from Nutrisystem that you can return items you don't like or that are broken/damaged. You have no control over what they send you when you receive the 3 free weeks of food! BUT...you can return it, get what you like and you're good to go! I also found out that after you've been on the program for 3 months, if you want to delay/postpone an auto-delivery order...you can! Simply call NutriSystem and talk to a counselor and you are allowed to postpone for 2 months. We did it for one month so that we could 'catch-up' since we got the 3 weeks free food. Best of luck to you if you decide to go on Nutrisystem - I'm very happy I did-especially after being on every diet there is - this one works!!
NEW NUTRISYSTEM DEAL: Beginning October, 2008, you can buy now and pay in 2009. Also, if you stop doing Nutrisystem for at least a month with no order, they will mail you a letter asking you to come back and they offer you ANOTHER 3 WEEKS OF FREE MEALS!
***PLEASE DO VOTE FOR THIS GUIDE AFTER READING - IT'LL HELP KEEP EBAY A SAFER AND HAPPIER PLACE! THANKS SO MUCH!