Ok people I decided to write this review because I was checking the prices of the Iphones and I couln't belive that there are sellers selling the chinese version of the Iphone (clone, replica, imitation, non original, or whatever you want to call it) which I call "I-CHONE" for like $300 and people buy it for that price, that is a real ripp off.
On my trip to China, the first day I got there and saw it I got excited and decided to buy one for my self, I did not bargain that much nor shoped around first and payed like $90 for it (the i68 model), which I know I payed wayyyy to much, ofcourse knowing that it was a replica but what i liked the most is that I could put 2 SIM cards at the same time and use them with no problem and ofcourse to show off a little when I'm back in my home country :) anyways, It lasted me 8 months exactly, bought it in November last year and cell kicked the bucket in July this year.
They look exactly the same (even with the Apple Logo) and have exactly same screen menu, but here is how to recognize the Chinese version:
- They usually come with 2 batteries
- They have dual SIM slots, meaning that you can use two different chips from 2 different telecomes or same.
- The memory is expandable
- Charging cable and Phone slot for pluggin charging cable is different than the Original Apple Iphone.
ORIGINAL Iphones DO NOT have this 4 features that I just mentioned.
The small version are not original for sure, have you ever seen one from Apple?
When you see in a listing "SC" Ex. "SCiphone" or SC... or just SC be alert, read entirely the listing and make sure you know what you are buying, I don't really know what the SC stands for I would say "Similar Copy" but I found many of this replicas have the SC and many did not so read the whole listing!!!
Don't take me wrong I am not saying that this phones are horrible, I loved the dual SIM option feature specially if you travel abroad alot you can have your US SIM (you will be on roaming) and the country that you are in SIM card (cheap calls), or if you use 2 different telecoms (say AT&T and Tmobile) you can have them both in same phone. but just be aware that the life of the phone is for around 1 year (that was my experience) maybe longer if you take good care of it. and the most important thing don't pay more than $80 more than that is a real RIP OFF.
When you buy it just make sure that you know that you are buying a disposable phone so when it kicks the bucket you were expecting it at any time jajajaja... seriously.
Don't expect it to function like an Iphone NO NO NO... many of my friends have a real iphone and is TOTALLY NOTHING LIKE IT. When you try to scroll with your finger is not as smooth as the original, and soooo many more things are just sooo different, but the most important feature that I like about the real Iphone is that.
Well I am going to make a little list of the good and bad things (talking from my experience):
- Dual SIM slots (for two SIM cards / 2 different or same telecom)
- Looks exactly the same
- FM Radio (works only with headphones)
- Expandable mini SD memory slot (you can change it or put a bigger one)
- CHEAP (compared to the Iphone)
- Lasts maybe a year (maybe a little more if you take really good care of it)... mine lasted for 8 months and from what I've heard seems that that was pretty good compared to others.
- Glass easy to scartch
- Some might not support WiFi (mine didn't) maybe because is a 2008 model maybe newer ones will, i'm not sure.
- Battery hard to find, no US phone uses same battery, that is why comes with 2 batteries
- Poor Battery life (maybe 5 months)
- Poor Scrolling
- Charging cable is not compatible with any other cable, meaning if you loose it it will be hard to find one.
- After a while it stoped recognizing my memory card and couldn't load my adress book from my SIM card
- Songs and pictures in sim card might be lost or unable to find
- Not very easy to find songs from sim card (not very user friendly)
- Letters are hard to key with finger (very small) So a Stylus pen is usually need it (it comes with it)
- When switching back the keyboard from CAPS letters it will take you through all the languages (like 20+) till you are back to English so be prepared to work that finger / stylus
- Poor Camara / Pictures
- Not very touch sensitive, after a while it starts loosing it and it just freezes (if that happens just take the battery off and put it back)
- No picture resize with thumb and index finger (like original Iphone)
- No firmware upgrade available
- No customer Service who to cry to or fight with
In few words: "DO NOT EXPECT TO GET AN IPHONE FOR SO CHEAP, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!" and if you are going to get it make sure you know what you are getting, and what you are getting in to. Make sure you read the whole listing so sellers don't scam you nor confuse you, make sure to buy extras such a charging cable or battery just in case. Ask questions to the seller before you buy, ask if is an original, if it has warranty, if is the chinese version... And DO NOT PAY MORE THAN $80, that should be the MAX... this things in china cost less than half of that, wholesale price.
Hope this was helpful :)