Fragance Lamps purify the air by destroying odor and bacteria in the air while adding a soft aroma throughout your home or office.
Do candles do that? NO. Fragrance lamps are safer than candles; there is an open flame for only 2-3 minutes. Do candles do that? NO. Fragrance lamps normally burn for 30-45 minutes to fill about 1,000 sq.ft. area with fragrance. Do candles do that? NO. The stone of a fragrance lamp is 1/4 the temperature of an open flame with no hot wax. Do candles do that? NO.
How Fragrance Lamps Purify the Air:
- Fragrance lamps do more than just envelop your home or office with a wonderful fragrance. This 100-year-old process was originally created to purify the air and provide refreshing and therapeutic aromas.
- Fragrance lmaps convert fragranced fuel (Alcohol) into anions (negatively charged ions) and ozone via the catalyzing stone. An ozone molecule consists of three oxygen atoms bonded together to form a molecule (O3). Ozone is very closely related to O2, the most common form of oxygen you breath.
- Ozone binds with airborne particles and aromas, elimintating them from your home or office. This process can utilize either a neutral fuel or a fragranced fuel for a soft aroma throughout your home or office.
How do fragrance lamps destroy odor?
- An ozone molecule encounters a particle not normally a part of pure air (pollution).
- One of the oxygen atoms leaves the O3 and bonds to the pollutant.
- The oxygen atom neutralizes and breaks down the pollutant into benign substances. The two leftover atoms remained bonded as normal oxygen atom (O2).
How do fragrance lamps destroy bacteria?
- An ozone molcule comes into contact with bacteria.
- The bacterial cell walls are not strong enough to resist the ozone. The ozone perforates the cell wall.
- As more and more ozone perforate the cell and the bacteria stops functioning and breaks apart.
A Bit of History
Throughout mid century Europe catalytic burner lamps, as they were called back then, were commonplace in medical clinics, hospitals, and other institutions that required a high degree of air purity and quality. In this time in Germany, holistic chemist Justus Von Liebig discovered a catalytic conversion process that produced organic chemical compounds known to destroy many kinds of germs, bacteria, allergens, foul odors, and other impurities in the air.
Recongnizing the health benefit, the French began to produce what was then known as the Catalytic Burner (effusion lamp) for domestic use. The French then began to add liquid fragrance to the fuel used in their Catalytic Burners. They discovered not only did the Catalytic Burner sanitize the indoor oxygen; it rapidly disbursed the added liquid fragrance throughout large areas of living space. The Catalytic Burner, or Fragrance Lamp as they are known today, is a fixture in home across Europe.
How Fragrance Lamps Operate:
Fragrance lamps use an imbedded ceramic burner stone. Effusion fragrance (precise blend of alcohol and fragrance oils) travels up the wick to the imbedded burner stone. Fragrance is then absorbed in the porous burner stone. Light the stone; allow to burn for 2-3 minutes to heat the stone. After 2-3 minute burn time, blow out the flame. The catalytic conversion process had begun. Air is purified, bacteria and odors neutralized. FAST! The burner stone is now heated and will remain hot, fueled directly by the effusion fragrance traveling up the wick to the burner stone. SAFE! No continous flame.
Every passenger car produces in the U.S. today is equipped with a catalytic converter to reduce noxious engine emissions. Fragrance Lamps use the same catalytic conversion to remove offensive and unhealthy elements in the air and replaces them with heavenly aroma.
Fragrance Lamp Maintenance:
There is no soot. There is no drips of hot wax, no runs, nothing to polish, wash or rinse. The wick and burner stone assembly requires periodic replacement. Wanna change fragrances, but there is still some remaining in the lamp. Pour remaining fuel back in orginial bottle and replace with a new scent. Let the wick dry out before burning again. Remember to soak your wick for 20-30 minutes after changing fragrances for wick and stone to absorb new fragrane.
Enchant It Treasures includes a free wick/burner stone assembly, free snuff cap, free 16 oz. fragrance fuel and complete operating instructions with every fragrance lamp purchase. For your convenience Enchant It Treasures provides all necessary replacement pieces right here at the web store. Enchant It Treasures Store