I will be telling you how to make sure you get the best experience from buying items on eBay:
1. Make sure the seller has a high rating and positive feedback. Remember, not all negative feedbacks are bad, some people just get temper tantrums over 1 day late shipping.
2.Whenever you buy an item, be sure to have a copy of the receipt. I personally made an eBay transactions folder to keep all records of my purchases, even though eBay also makes receipts. But you may never know!
3.When purchasing a product over your "expensive" limit, meaning purchases over $50 (that's my limit) always ask for tracking before purchase, because you paid a lot of money for your product and don't want to lose it.
4. Don't worry if shipping is a day late. Remember, post offices are closed on Sunday and Holidays.
5. If your package goes beyond the estimated date (meaning about 2-3 days above estimated date.) then its time to contact the seller, if they do not respond, then its time to call eBay.
6. Remember US Postal Service is notorious for slow shipping.
7. If you can, tell the seller to send you expensive packages through UPS, they have the best service from what I experienced.
8. And lastly, if you promised to purchase a product, but have not paid them, then tell them to cancel your order, because if you don't, you can get bad ratings and some people may not even sell you products. Its always good to have good feedback.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime through my eBay account. As a long time eBay user.....take it from an expert!