Cole Haan, Ferragamo, Clarks, SAS and Ugg boots are all quality comfort brands that my store, Bluefrogshoes.com, offers on a regular basis. It's easy to shine up the first four brands, but how do you wash Ugg boots if they are dirty? No problem! Sheep have to endure the elements, don't they? Cleaning Uggs is not a problem!
The company recommends that you use UGG® Australia Sheepskin Cleaner and Conditioner and follow these steps:
1. Hand wash only. Do not use a washing machine.
2. Moisten sheepskin footwear with clean, cold water.
3. Dilute Cleaner and Conditioner with equal proportions water and conditioner. Do not apply cleaner to the boots directly.
4. Apply a small amount of diluted cleaner solution to a clean, wet sponge.
5. Gently scrub to clean entire area. Sheepskin is delicate. If you scrub aggressively it will damage the boots.Gently scrub to clean entire area.
6. Rinse clean with cold water and lightly stuff with paper to hold shape. Allow them to dry naturally and slowly. Do not dry in direct heat or sunlight.
7. Once footwear is dry, lightly brush with a very soft suede brush in one direction.
And there you have it! Ugg boots can be cleaned. You just have to be very careful when doing so.