Activating your new phone is simple! Activate our phones with any existing, or new cell phone plan; either as a replacement or additional phone. We at TheBlueDot guarantee*** your phone will activate. Also, included are helpful tips below once your phone is activated.
Please make sure to mark the “Yes” below to let others know this guide was helpful.
The following instructions apply for all phones from any carrier we sell such as Verizon, Sprint, Alltel and others. Please read through these instructions to find specific instructions for your phone provider.
----- If you currently have a phone plan from AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, or any other GSM provider who uses a SIM card, all you need to do is take the SIM card out of your old phone and place it into your new phone. If the phone is said to activate with AT&T for example, you just need to place your existing AT&T sim card into the device. For phones that are advertised as "unlocked", any GSM sim card will work in the phone.
Step 1: Make sure phone is charged for a full 12 hours before attempting to activate your device. Power on your device.
Step 2: Take the battery out of your new phone and locate the ESN number, which is on the label under where the battery goes.
Step 3: Once you have the ESN number, call the number that corresponds with your cellular carrier below. A representative will then walk you through the activation process.
+For Verizon customers, - Click the following link for specific instructions for Verizon Phone Activation.
+ For Alltel customers, call: 1-800-255-8351
+ For Sprint customers, call: 1-888-211-4727
+ For Nextel customers, call: 1-800-639-6111
+For US Cellular customers, call: 1-888-944-9400
+ For Cricket customers, call - 1-866-384-4425
+For Cellular South customers, call: 1-877-276-8841
+For Bell Mobility Canada customers, call - 1-800-667-0123
NOTE - We do not recommend taking the phone into any Wireless Store. Sales people in these stores do not get paid to switch your phone number to a new phone and sometimes they see it as an annoyance to them. They tend to tell you a wide variety of reasons why a phone can not be activated to either (1) get you to buy a phone from them, or (2) get you to leave the store without activating your phone. Also, most representatives are only trained on the few models that the store sells and sometimes the sales reps in a wireless store are just not familiar enough with the phone to do the activation. The best trained people are found when you call in your phone at the above numbers.
*** We guarantee our phones to be ready for activation with the carrier mentioned in the listing. In some cases, the outside housing may be replaced to a newer, nicer looking one so the internal ESN may not be the same as what shows on the back of the phone. We can provide you the code for finding your internal ESN number. In the unlikely event you have trouble activating the phone you purchased from us, please do not hesitate to contact us - we will gladly help you. We only receive about 5 out of every 1, 000 phones back to us for activation issues. We check the ESNs upon receiving them, but there are a number of reasons why a phone will not activate upon receiving the phone. Rest assured, we stand behind every product we sell!
Helpful Tips for after Activation
· Can contact customer service by simply dialing *2 then send
· Can pay their bill by dialing *3 then send
· Can check their minutes used and their account balance by dialing *4
· Can pay their bill from their phone by dialing #PAY (#729) then send
· Can check their minutes used by dialing #MOU (#668) then send
· Can check their texts used by texting the word MINUTE to short code 696-467 (MYMINS), then send
US Cellular Customers:
· Can contact customer service, make payments, and check usage by dialing 611 then send
· Can check their balance by dialing #BAL (#225) then send
· Can check minutes used by dialing #MIN (646) then send
· Can check their balance by dialing *BAL# (*225#) then send
· Can check minute usage by dialing *MIN# (*646#) then send
· Can check data usage by dialing *DATA# (*3282#) then send
· Can make a payment by dialing *PAY (*729) then send
· Can contact customer service by dialing *611 then send
· Can check their balance by dialing #BAL# (#225#) then send
· Can check their minute usage by dialing #MIN# (#646#) then send
· Can check their text usage by dialing #MSG# (#674#) then send
Guide written by Chris Samaras from TheBlueDot.net
Help make this guide easier for others to find. Please make sure to mark "Yes" to was this guide helpful in the blue bar area below this guide.
For more great deals on Cell Phones, Cell Phone accessories and other Consumer Electronics check out -