In progress, will add more, 1/3/2020.
How to make a DIY bento box system.
Love bento boxes, but want to make a more customizable system for a variety of foods. Almost all supplies found at the dollar store ($), garage sale (GS) or thrift store (TS).
- Lunch box? Simple soft-sided rectangle one, good for use with bento box or separate items. (GS)
- Good sized plastic box with snap lid, square/rectangle/oval ($)
- Small plasticware, square/round/oval ($)
- Aluminum muffin cups, reusable, moldable, recyclable ($)
- Cookie cutters, more whole shapes better ($, GS)
- Plastic toothpicks, swords?
- Small squeeze bottles, find in toiletries section, travel sizes ($)
- Elastic band/velcro/large button or charm, for band? (made own)
- Spice shakers with lids. (TS)
- Water bottle, left at work. (GS)
- Reusable sandwich wrapper, open ziploc bag attached to cloth, with closure band? (Made own)