When I am doing eBay seller reviews, sellers often ask, "why do I have watchers but no bids?" Here is why:
1) They may not be ready to buy the item yet, so they are just watching the auction to learn about the process.
2) They are afraid to make a commitment and bid. They might be new to eBay and are hesitant to place a bid yet. They just want to see how it works.
3) They are watching several auctions for the same item and are waiting to decide which one to bid on. They don't want to bid on several of the same thing at once - because they don't want to end up winning several auctions for the same thing. Kind of like price shopping.
4) They are using an auction sniper program and not placing their bid until the last minute - literally. Auction sniper programs have become very popular and many buyers are using them.
5) They are just curious to see how high the price will go. Maybe they are thinking of selling a similar item.
6) They are unsure about buying the product and want to add it to their watch list to check on it again later - as if they are bookmarking an item on the internet.
Don't get frustrated or be impatient - watchers are good. They have saved your listing in their watch list. Maybe they will come back and buy the item, or visit your listing again for something else. Think beyond one sale, you may be gaining new customers for future purchases as they watch your items.
Learn more about selling on eBay - get my Power Seller's Guide.