Know what size ring you need before you shop so you can buy perfectly-fitting jewelry every time. To determine ring size, you can place a ring that fits you on a professional ring sizer mandrel, use a professional ring sizer, or find an approximate fit with a ring size chart or finger size strip. Make sure to measure your finger at room temperature. Heat and cold can cause your fingers to swell or constrict.
Determine Ring Size With a Ring Size Chart
Use a ring that fits you to determine your ring size. Place your ring over the nearest size circle. The inner edge of the ring should align with the outer edge of the circle. If your ring appears to fit between two sizes, buy the larger size.
Measure Ring Size With a Finger Size Strip
To create your own ring sizer, print and cut the strip below. Insert the narrow end of the sizer through the "cut here" slot. With numbers on the outside, place the loop around your finger, and pull until the fit is snug but comfortable.
Know When You Can Resize Rings
Most jewelers will happily adjust a ring two sizes in either direction. More extreme adjustments can noticeably impact the look and structure of your jewelry. Increasing the size of a gold or silver ring typically requires gently hammering the ring around a sizing shaft. This will cause the shank of the ring to thin slightly. In some rings the end result will not be perfectly round. Some jewelers will not resize platinum because of its density and strength.
To increase a ring more than one full size or to adjust a ring with stones, your jeweler may prefer to make an incision in the ring to remove or insert extra metal. This adjustment may leave a visible seam or an invisible weak point, but a professional jeweler can position flaws out of sight.
Find Rings on eBay
Categories: The Categories list on the left side of each page will help you narrow down your listings by item type. You'll find links for Bands, Wedding & Anniversary, Cubic Zirconia & Moissanite, Diamond Engagement/Anniversary, Diamond Right-Hand Rings, Gemstone Rings, Metal Fashion Rings, and Other. As you dig deeper into the site you'll also be able to narrow down your choice by subcategory.
Product Finder: Certain ring categories have a related Product Finder that allows you to use drop-down menus to quickly narrow down item listings. For example, the Gemstone Rings Finder allows you to search by gemstone, metal, and size.
Keyword search: Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find a size 7 diamond ring, type "diamond size 7" (without quotation marks) into the Search box. Click "Search title and description" to expand your results. Visit eBay's Search Tips page for more tips on searching with keywords.
If you can't find exactly what you want, try shopping eBay Stores, tell the eBay Community what you want by creating a post on Want It Now, or save a search on My eBay and eBay will email you when a match becomes available.
Buy Rings With Confidence
Before making your purchase, make sure you know exactly what you're buying, research your seller, and understand how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Know your purchase
- Carefully read the details in item listings.
- Figure delivery costs into your final price. If you spend a lot of money, make sure the seller will insure the item when it ships.
- If you want more information, ask by clicking the "Ask seller a question" link under the seller's profile.
- Always make sure to complete your transaction on eBay (with a bid, Buy It Now, or Best Offer). Transactions conducted outside of eBay are not covered by eBay protection programs.
- Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram. These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.
Know your seller
- Research your seller so you feel positive and secure about every transaction.
- What is the seller's Feedback rating? How many transactions have they completed? What percentage of positive responses do they have?
- What do buyers say in their Feedback? Did the seller receive praise?
- Most top eBay sellers operate like retail stores and have return policies. Do they offer a money-back guarantee? What are the terms and conditions?