Ohh my god it does n't fit !!
These are very common words coming out of the mouth of thousands ebay buyers every day . Buying from a picture can be a great challenge for both sellers and buyers . Measuring clothes can be tricky and lead to loss of time and money for both sides . Especially when it comes to fox fur the fluffy long guard fur , i am sorry to say , but it makes things even more complicated .
In this guide i will give you a few tips when it comes buying a fir coat from a fur maker . I believe that this is the best choice you can take if you need accuracy . This is because a fur maker has in his possesion the pattern that was used to make the coat .
So what you should to insure that your coat fits you is
- Do NOT measure a fox fur coat you already own . Take a regular coat ( leather , cotton , synthetic ) because the measurements you are taking will be as close to the pattern as possible .
- Make sure you measure a loose fitting coat because you will be probably wearing winter clothes . If you prefer to wear your fur coat with lighter clothes then choose a regular fitting coat
- Button up the coat .
- Use a flat surface . A table or even the floor will do
- Always use a measure tape
- Inform the furmaker that you are measuring a regular coat and ask him to use the pattern which was used to make the coat .
Provide measurements about a) shoulder to shoulder ( from seam to seam )
b) the widest part of the back
c) sleeve length ( outer part of sleeves , from seam to cuff)
d) bust ( all the way around under armpits )
e) length ( from neckline to bottom )
I realize that it may seem to much for you but remember you are buying a luxury item which you will be wearing for a long time provided that you treat it with care . So take your time , contact your seller and work togehter for a fine result .
If you are a fox fur lover then you may want to check my ebay store where you can conatact me for more information .
I wish you satisfuying purchases and ... please do not forget to vote my guide