Make Your Own Gorgeous Fabric Wallpaper With This Easy Tutorial
Follow this step-by-step DIY guide for covering walls with your favorite fabric instead of wallpaper.
I love my house, but I’ve lived there so long that I sometimes get bored of it.
Every so often, I get the urge to completely change the decor, paint the walls, reupholster my furniture, or hang up some new art.
Anytime I feel like redecorating, though, I remember that repainting the walls, installing new carpeting on the floors, and redoing all my decorations is expensive, time-consuming, and a huge undertaking.
So, instead of redecorating, I look at pretty magazines and dream about gorgeous rooms.
However, when I saw this brilliant hack, I realized I could use it to redecorate my house anytime I felt bored with my surroundings! It’s so easy and requires so few materials — I’m already thinking about the next three fabrics I want to use!
Follow the instructions below to make your very own personalized fabric wallpaper.
1. Tape Fabric To The Wall With Painter’s Tape
2. Gather Liquid Starch, Paint Tray And Paint Roller
3. Pour Liquid Starch Into A Paint Tray
4. Use A Paint Roller To Roll Starch Onto Taped Fabric
5. Wait Overnight. Then Remove Tape
It's so easy to change up your living space with this convenient hack. All that's left to do now is figure out what kind of fabric you want to use!
Different patterns create varying moods throughout your house, so you can tailor the prints to what you're feeling and change them over and over!
Want your space to feel happy and energetic? Try a pretty floral print.
If you want to feel calm and serene in your living space, subdued pastels like yellow and blue will put your mind at ease. Or try some lavishly printed fabrics, if you want your room to feel expensive and opulent.
You can also theme your fabrics based on a party or gathering — whether it's a holiday party or a celebration for your pet, there are plenty of fabrics out there that will fit the bill.
I know I'm totally excited to start transforming my walls for every occasion I can! The possibilities are endless, so go ahead and grab some fabric that speaks to you and get busy making over your home!
If you love redecorating your house, please SHARE this article with your friends and family!
To find beautiful fabric that works for your style, click here.
More articles to explore
- Dos and Don’ts of Buying a Home Entertainment Surround Sound System
- How to Make Your Motorcycle’s Exhaust Louder
- How to Make Your Car Smell Like New
- Choosing Crown Molding for Your Home or Office
- Garden Hoe Buying Guide
- Top 10 Items to Keep Baby Safe at Home
- How to Make Your Car Last Longer
- 10 Reasons to Buy a Radiant Barrier for Your Home
- 5 Ways to Make Your Car Smell Better
- Garden Trains Buying Guide