Believe it or not it is pretty easy to make a fake designer bag and its actually pretty easy to tell the real from the fake if you know what to look for. Please remember that not all things I list well be present on a real prada bag, different styles may have these things differ from one another, but most are usually consistant. Make sure when buying a prada bag off an online auction or website that it comes with certificates of authenticity and/or atleast some type of serial number you can look up from prada, if some of these thing are not present. So here is a list of what to look for in a real prada bag:
1) look at the prada name on the emblem, look at the R in prada if the right leg on the R is strait-- its fake, if it curves in --its real.
2) the background of the prada plate, usually should be the same color as the bag.
3) The metal on the bag even the buttons should be engraved with the word prada.
4) the tag inside the bag must say PRADA MADE IN ITALY exactly.
5) The lining should say prada going horizontal all over it ( For example: Prada~Prada~Prada~), its Pradas signature lining that is used in most of their bags and the fake bags well have something that looks like it but it wont say prada!
6) It should have a serial number from prada and come with authenticity tags and a dust bag (please note if someone is selling a used Prada bag and all 5 things above are present but they do not have the item number, authenticity tags, or dust bag ask questions about where they bought it from, some people dont keep those things after buying a bag)!
Look for these 6 things and if all are present then you are good to go with your new authentic prada bag!