HOW TO FIX A STUCK DYSON VACUUM WAND AND HOSE HANDLE IN LESS THE 1 MINUTE!!!
It can be seriously frustrating when you spend upwards of $500 for a top of the line vacuum that simply "breaks" for no apparent reason! Well, fear not! You are not going to have to head to the local repair shop to shell out more money to fix it, and ladies you will probably score some major points with your husband ( for being able to repair your own machine).
First and foremost remember, IT'S A MATTER OF TECHNIQUE- NOT FORCE OR STRENGTH!!!!!
These instructions are being based on assuming the METAL WAND PART of your vaccum is able to slide up, but it stops and won't pull out to be put in use, this is what you should do:
- Take one hand and pull UP on the metal part of the wand
- As you are pulling up on the metal part of the want, take your other hand and pull DOWN on the rubber part of the hose (NOTHING FORCEFUL)
- The rubber part of the hose will start to loosen, so start pulling in an outward direction
- Continue to pull on the rubber hose in an outward horizontal direction
- Then start fully stretching the rubber hose out like you would do a slinky toy.
(This motion is releasing any kinks etc. that has caused the initial problem of the stuck wand)
This action should cause the metal wand to be released and pulled out easily to become fully functioning again.
This is a step by step explanation, but it should take you about 45-60 seconds to accomplish (probably after huge amounts of time pulling, yanking, banging, yelling at the machine etc.)
I hope this helps fix your Dyson frustration for this specific problem. Please feel free to contact me, should you need any further detail. I am more than happy to help!!
I also hope you can just take a second and vote YES on my guide that is was helpful. That way it stays visible to let others learn of the simple fix it could take to make your Dyson vacuum fully functioning again, and hopefully avoid paying a repair man $40+ dollars!!!
Have a great day