3) Polo Player
The location of the polo player is one of the biggest indications, for me, if a shirt is real or fake. The polo player should be located under the button area. Even big polo players location should be under the button area. Below I have compared the two common areas for the polo player as well as fake polo players and real polo players.
- The Polo player colors should be sharp (details)
- No lose threads on Polo player
- Location of the polo player should be below the button area.
- On older shirts the chest of the player should be below the button area
- On big polo shirts just the stick should be above the button area, the player and the horse should be well below the button area
Picture 1: Borrowed
Yellow - Real
Blue - Fake
Poor polo player
Look at the stitch quality and details of the polo players
Picture 1 (sky blue polo): Real
Picture 2 (khaki) : Real
Both of these Polo's are real. Pay attention to the start position of the polo player. The blue shirt is an older style and is the highest start postion a polo shirt should have. The khaki shirt is a newer shirt and is the most common position for the polo player.
Note: If a shirt is new the polo player should be well below the button area - similar to picture 2.
Picture 1 (red polo) fake big polo shirt:
Picture 1 and 2 (sky blue polo) - real
Picture 1 is the back side of the polo player
Picture 2 is the front side of the polo player. - notice no loose threads
Pay attention to the fabric detail.