Welcome, Tommy Bahama Enthusiasts
Everyone who either sells or buys Tommy Bahama is buying into a total lifestyle and not just a line of clothing. We appreciate the fine quality of the Tommy Bahama merchandise. What we don't need is to be worried about questions of our shirt's authenticity or whether it will fall apart in the wash.
Answers to some Common Questions:How can I tell if an item is a fake prior to purchase?
There are several things you should look for prior to purchase to ensure that the Tommy Bahama item you are about to bid on is probably authentic.
- Be sure that you are buying from a reputable Tommy Bahama Seller.. In addition, check a seller's feed back rating and actually read some of the comments. Make sure that they have long and positive feedback.
- Make sure the style item that you are considering bidding on is a legitimate Tommy Bahama style. For example - Tommy Bahama NEVER made a Harley Davidson Shirt!!! The silk prints are not authentic Tommy Bahama prints. There ARE hundreds of fake embroidered shirts that are copies of actual TB shirts.
- Ask questions before you bid - Be sure to ask, what the style name and number are? Ask, What does Tommy Bahama call this color? Ask, If the seller obtained their Tommy Bahama items directly from China OR from a Flea Market? Ask, Does the item have both of the retail tags attached?
- Although almost all authentic Tommy Bahama merchandise is actually manufactured in the Far East, you need to exercise great caution if buying from a seller who is from the Far East (China for example). Remember, Tommy Bahama does not have any factory overruns or factory seconds! All of the Tommy Bahama sellers here on Ebay have been approached by fraudulent sellers from China offering huge quantities of merchandise at prices too low to believe. BEWARE!
- Remember - tags do not make fakes real - if you can counterfeit a shirt or pair of pants you can also print counterfeit tags.
- Also do not buy from anyone who has the bidder's identities private - if you are selling above board authentic merchandise why would you not let the Ebay community see who is bidding on your items?
- Beware of ONE DAY weekend auctions. Many sellers are aware that they are selling fakeTommy Bahama items. Therefore, they hold ONE DAY, WEEKEND auctions to avoid being shut down.
- Tommy Bahama has unique names for their style and colors, look for these unique names in the lising. For example Tommy Bahama might call a brown color shirt MUSHROOM.
- Check out the sellers previous sales, does this seller specialize in TOMMY BAHAMA?????or Have they recently started selling a ton of it???? If the price is to good to be true, it's probably fake.
There are several Flea Markets across the USA that specialize in selling FAKE TOMMY BAHAMA. These vendors are belived to sell on ebay as well as sell their goods at Flea Markets to unsuspecting buyers, who in turn, sell them on ebay to you.
How can I tell if an item I purchased is a fake?
While there is no sure way of totally determining an items authenticity, there are certainly some tell tale signs.
- Quality - authentic Tommy Bahama is made with exceptional attention to detail and meticulous craftsmanship. Many of the fakes are not. While genuine Tommy Bahama CAN be washed, most fakes fall apart in the washer - buttons come off, seams open, etc.
- Style - is it an authentic Tommy Bahama style?
- TOMMY BAHAMA PLACES TWO TAGS ON THEIR SHIRTS. ONE IS A SQUARE TAG AND ONE IS A RECTANGLE TAG WITH THE PRICE, ITEM NAME, ITEM NUMBER, ITEM COLOR, ITEM SIZE, BARCODE. IF THIS INFORMATION IS MISSING, YOUR ITEM IS PROBABLY FAKE. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO LOOK FOR. THERE ARE EXCELLENT FAKES AT THIS TIME. BUT THEY WILL NOT HOLD UP.
- Current styles of TOMMY BAHAMA are being sold as authentic when the items are fake. Such as the MONEY shirt.
- On a bad fake shirt, the patterns don't line up where the front buttons meet.
- The fakes are getting better and better as the producers learn what WE are looking for. So these things to look for change.
Thanks for visiting and for assisting us in our efforts to ensure that only genuine Tommy Bahama merchandise is sold and purchased on Ebay. This is a community effort and we all need to work together to be successful.