I get a lot of questions about love spells; do they work, which are better, what do I need, how long do they take? I'm going to attempt to address as much of this complex issue as possible.
Do love spells really work?
Yes they can work but they can also take a long time, a lot of effort and often a good deal of money to make work. Of all the conditions addressed by Hoodoo (money, luck, crossing, uncrossing, road openers, friendship, court case, etc.), love work is one of the hardest to get results on. If you think about it, the answer as to why is obvious. Getting a person to feeling, think or act in a way they are not inclined to work is much harder then shifting the odds of luck, or fighting a magical curse with a magical cleansing. People have free will, and trying to change that isn't easy.
Drawing new love is much easier then returning a lover gone. The longer gone the lover/spouse is the harder it becomes. And once that lover has started seeing someone else the difficulty increases. If the lost lover has actually remarried the difficulty goes up even more so. The vows of marriage are an act of will and commitment that can be very difficult to break.
Which love spells are better?
Lucky Mojo, like most Hoodoo suppliers, offer a wide range of recipes for love work. They range from the gently encouraging, to the persuasive, to the down right compelling.
- To attract a new lover the best recipes are Come To Me, Love Me and Kiss Me Now -- they are drawing recipes designed to encourage love, attention and sexuality. (Others: Adam and Eve, Attraction)
- To increase an existing love affair with passion or declarations you may want to look at Fire of Love, Marriage, Stay At Home or Stay With Me. (Others: Kiss Me Now and Love Me also work)
- To gently reconcile a lost lover not otherwise involved with another the best is Reconciliation, followed by Return To Me.
- If your lover is involved with another you will need to break them up, and that requires the use of the Break Up recipe or Separation, and may even require that you Hot Foot the other person away from your lost lover.
In my experience single applications (one spell, one vigil, one honey jar) of reconciliation and/or break up is not going to do it. Once a person has left, they have left for a reason that is completely valid to them. Getting them to change their mind, or getting them to leave the new person they are with is not going to be easy, nor is it going to be cheap.
I know that loosing a lover can be awful, I've been there. But, putting good money effort after bad is not the way to go. I advise this to every client I speak with. Let it go, find someone new, remember why it didn't work with them in the first place, take this as a sign to move on.
But if you are determined to do this, take a moment and consider exactly how far you will go. How much money will you spend, how much time will you invest, how far are you willing to get them back.
What to do when nothing gentle will work:
If you have decided that you are willing to force or compel a lost lover to return then following choices are available to you, in order of severity.
- Follow Me Boy or Follow Me Girl are used to make the person follow you around like a dog. They have compelling herbs and roots in them to get the other person to be committed to you.
- I Dominate My Man and I Dominate My Woman are the next level up from the Follow Me Products and are about controlling and dominating another.
- Intranquility comes in a spell kit to make your lost lover miserable until he returns. Realize that they may not return happy to see you!
Summary: Once the persuasive love spells have not shown to work, you must move into spells that include commanding/compelling/controlling herbs and roots, or those intended to make the other person miserable until they return. Consider if you really want to do this, is it worth it to force them to love you or be with you.
A candle? An Oil? A Powder? A Spell Kit?
A single candle, oil, powder, etc is NOT going to get you results. Love work is a long undertaking and will require you to use as many of the tools available to you as possible. If you have no experience with doing magical work, then you really need to purchase a spell kit. Depending on the situation you may need more then one spell kit. Depending on the difficulty you may need to repeat the work.
Can I hire someone to do this?
Of the reputable rootworkers I know, MOST of them will not do reconciliation work, and almost NO ONE will break up a marriage. I believe that people who do their own love work get better results then most rootworkers. You are more dedicated to it, you are more invested. That is not to say there is not a role for rootworkers in hoodoo, their certainly is. I for example can do better money work then any of my clients can do on their own, and some root workers are spectacular at court case work, and so on. The best solution is for you to do your own work, and then ask a rootworker to set vigil lights on their altar to "back up the work".
Where can I learn more?
The Lucky Mojo website has pages and pages of information on love spells, free love spells, how to use their products and suggestions. You can also find out about the herbs and roots available for love work in catherine yronwode's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic. Using Google, search for Lucky Mojo and read as much as you can.
Black Cat Root Shack