Hi, I am Glammabags and not only am I an eBay Power Seller but I am also a fraud investigator that fights counterfeit sales on eBay and other online auctions sites. I would like to share some of the things that an uneductated buyer can look for when considering a Coach purchase on eBay.The counterfiet Coach bags being sold on eBay don't even come close to the luxury of an authentic Coach bag! Those selling counterfeit bags on eBay know what they are doing. They are DISHONEST and DECEPTIVE and not only are they violating Federal Laws on the sale of counterfiet goods, but they are also violating eBay policies with a reckless disregard to you and any other buyer on eBay.
Coach is an affordable luxury to most. What I mean by this is that most people can save for a couple of months and buy an authentic bag. Sometimes you get lucky and find one on eBay. This guide is to assist you with the online auction experience of buying authentic.
Just so you know, COUNTERFEIT HANDBAGS ARE EASILY IDENTIFIABLE! Spare yourself the embarrassment and buy authentic! I don't know about you, but the thought of carrying a counterfeit and showing others I have a blatent disregard for human life and laws is just not appealing to me. After all it is proven that counterfeits support terrorism and child labor.
First ~Be aware of a sellers return policy. If a seller offers an unconditional money back guarantee of authenticity then more then likely the bag is real! If they seller does not offer this then find one who does, don't waste your time or money. As a trusted Power Seller I chose not to disclose the serial numbers on the COACH bags I sell. This is to protect the integrity of the bag so no one can steal the number and register it.
Second ~If you purchase a bag from an Ebay seller, before leaving that seller feedback, take your bag to a COACH store and they will be more then happy to authenticate the bag for you!
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN PURCHASING ONLINE:
- Mini bags (commonly known as demi) and clutches don't have serial numbers. If you see one that does it is counterfeit.
- Stitching on an AUTHENTIC COACH is always straight and uniform and there will never be any overlapping stitches or loose ends!
- The leather on an authentic Coach in thick and luxurious.
- Coach hardware is thick and chunky and made of real nickel or brass, not cheap chrome.
- Check the picture in the auciton. Is it the actual picture of the bag or what is referred to as a "stock photo" (most likely from COACH website). An honest seller will have many photos of the actual bag.
- Bags that say made in Korea or the USA are counterfeit.
- Look at the dustbag. A lot of the counterfeit bags don't even have the correct dust bags. I have seen white and Tan bags. Coach has dark brown with red stitching. Higher end counterfeits will have the brown too.
- This fall 2006 Coach line, Coach no longer included registration cards with their handbags. If you find a Fall 2006 or newer bag that claims they have a registration card, then the bag is more then likely fake. Coach offers instant registration online at their website.
- Check the placement of the C on the bags. The C logo on each and every Coach bag will be uniform, straight, and touching in an alternating pattern.
- Coach does not wrap their bag handles or hardware in plastic - dead giveaway the bag is fake!
- Coach hangtags will match the leather that is on the bag or they will be nickel if there is no leather.
- Check serial number and style numbers of the bag. Some counterfieters don't even have the correct style number on the bags! The style number is the set of number that proceeds the dash on the creed tag. The numbers and letters that preceed the dash is the serial number. NOTE: bags that have the following serial numbers are counterfeit: NT-4903, 4908, 4115 and TN9085, 9096, 7H, M4N and H4B. There is also a high probability that bags with the numbers 308-9875 are also counterfeit.
- Before leaving feedback for a seller take your bag to COACH and have them authenticate it for you! They will do this free of charge!
If you are not familiar with COACH handbags I would suggest you take the time to go to either a COACH store or a high end department store that deals in Coach, i.e. Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, Macy's, etc. and familiarize yourself with the look and feel of an authentic Coach handbag before buying online.
~ COACH FACTS ~
Outlet stores are NOT sub quality or factory seconds. Coach products offered at the outlet stores are end of stock, limited releases, or end of season items that have to be cleared out of stock to make room for new stock.
- COACH DOES NOT SELL SUB QUALITY OR FACTORY SECONDS!
- COACH HAS ONE OF THE STRICKTEST QUALITY CONTROL STANDARDS IN THE INDUSTRY. ANY AND ALL DAMAGED PRODUCTS ARE DESTROYED, THEY ARE NOT SOLD AS FACTORY SECONDS OR SOLD TO FACTORY OUTLETS OF ANY KIND!
- COACH STORES WILL AUTHENTICATE YOUR BAG FREE OF CHARGE!
- COACH ONLY USES THE HIGHEST QUALITY LEATHERS, JACQUARD, SATINS AND FABRICS AVAILABLE!
- COACH WILL REPAIR THE HANDBAGS. IF NOT REPAIRABLE THEY WILL OFFER YOU A CERTIFICATE TO USE ON A FUTURE PURCHASE AT A COACH STORE!