A fabulous brow should be understated and nearly unnoticeable. But if you have bad brows, they’ll definitely be noticed. As a Wednesday treat, let’s make sure that your brows are streamlined, fabulous and under-the-radar.
1. When in doubt about brow size, go bolder. Bolder is better than too thin. When you overpluck, your brows thin out and won’t grow back. This is always bad, and you’ll regret it as you age. Bold and skinny brows each go in and out of style, but as I always say, it’s better to be bold.
2. Follow the outline. You should be able to see the natural curve of your brows. Anything outside that natural curve, you can feel free to pluck. But try not to thin your brows intentionally. It always ends up going awry… and growing back your brows is a pain.]
3. Don’t pluck after a shower. I know so many people have said you should totally tweeze while your skin is soft, I disagree. It’s too hard to grab hold of those tiny hairs when they’re warm, soft and slippery! It’s much easier to pluck in the evening before bed.
4. Color! Pick an eyebrow pencil one to two shades lighter than your hair color and fill in your brows to create a defined arch. If you’re not comfortable with a thick, bold brow, then here’s another trick: To remove makeup residue, dampen the end of a Q-tip and run over your eyebrows. Use the other end to wipe away any tiny water droplets. This trick will smooth and bring out your natural color.
5. Watch the edges. Your brow should extend from the inner corner of your eye to just beyond the outer corner. If you tweeze too far, your eyes will look unnaturally far apart… so be careful! (In my inexperienced youth, I did this frequently. Took years for me to finally get it right!)