- Remember to search search search! Ebay is a great tool for finding rare parts for your 300zx, but you need to be persistent in your quest!
- Always look for auction items for anything that is used! Used parts sold as BUY IT NOW can be incredibly over priced by the sellers. These sellers are typically pick a part companies that generally need to make a large turn-over on parts and generally charge you two to three times the price you'd pay if you went and got it yourself! Look for private vendors on ebay whom are not pick a part companies, they will offer you the most respectable prices since they bought the part cheap or even pulled it from their own car.
- New parts are always recommended. Nothing beats a new part, especially one that has moving parts. Any mechanical moving parts such as wheel bearings, engines, water pumps, oil pumps, etc should always be purchased new since you don't entirely know how worn out a used part could be. Don't take the risk of buying a used moving part that could just wind up failing on you as the first one did. Buy it new and from a reputable company such as Beck & Arnley or Boosch.
- Whenever restoring and interior or exterior make sure you find parts that are close to mint condition. You don't want a worn part that is in the same condition as yours. Also try aftermarket replacements. Their are many companies for the 300zx that make nice parts such as MSA and Black Dragon. Only buy an original OEM new part if the situation requires it because OEM can be pricey since Nissan stopped making some OEM parts long ago.
- Don't be afraid to purchase from over seas. Some of the best and rarest parts come from overseas sellers whom are very respectable! If in dought, just read their feedback and profile to get a better idea of what kind of seller they are.
- Never be afraid to ask questions. This field can get tricky for the do it yourselfer, and often times you'll meet that grumpy man whom hates to repeat himself, but don't despair almost everyone I've meet in this field has been more than helpful so don't distress. 9 out of 10 times a seller or buyer on ebay whom is interested in 300zx's will help you with any questions or even refer you to someone who can. Knowledge is the most powerful tool if you learn to use it correctly.
Buy It Now