|Record Label:||Rhino (Label)|
|Genre:||Interview, Spoken Word|
|Number Of Discs:||4|
1. Voices of the Shoah
3. Memories of Youth
4. Singing at the Sabbath Table
5. No Even Hitler-Nobody" Education: "The Only Thing Nobody Will Take Away
6. Auschwitz Was a Jewish Town Before World War II
7. You Wouldn't Have Believed Anything Was Happening" "and to Look at Us
9. Anti-Semitism: "We Were Second-Class Citizens"
11. "My Mother Took Me to Hitler's Birthday Parade"
12. Invitations to the Official Balls: "We Could Prefer Non-Jews"
13. And You'll Never Starve" "You'll Never Get Rich
14. Suspicions Grow: "You Could Smell the War Around Us"
16. Getting Out: Escape!
17. "Why Didn't You Leave?"
19. "We Wake up and There Is Bombarding the Whole City"
20. "Orders Came Out That All Jews Have to Wear White Arm Bands"
21. "He Took Us to the Border and Handed Us Over to the Germans"
22. Taken to the Camp: "We Were Not People Anymore" Being Arrested
23. "Rumors Were Going That They're Going to Build a Ghetto"
24. The Ghetto Is Built
25. "Why Do They Want to Destroy This Very Beautiful Family Life?"
26. "I Thought We Were Coming Here to Work"
27. We Were Sure of It" Life in the Ghetto: "The War Will End Very Shortly
28. "They're Liquidating the Ghetto"
29. "The Day That They Killed All the Children"
30. "We Fought to Keep Our Sanity"
31. "What Should We Do With Grandma?"
32. And She Has a Chance to Live" "Give Away the Baby
33. The Mothers From Sons" Auschwitz:"They Start Separating Women From Men.The Husbands Were From Wives
34. "I Did Not Know That There Were Crematoriums in Auschwitz When I Was There"
35. And I Made a Vow, That Whatever They're Going to Do to Me I Want to Survive" "I Closed My Eyes
36. Digging the Trenches
37. "We Always Were Prepared to Accept Something Cruel"
38. Singing in the Fields of the Camps
39. "Selections" The
2. Resistance in the Shoah
3. "Already by the Second Day We Had an Organized Sabotage Group"
4. Partisan Fighters in the Forest
5. Religious Observance in the Camps
6. Fight It, Fight It!" "She Rubbed My Hands and Said
8. Allied Forces Are Coming: Evacuation and the Death Marches
9. "Why Waste a Bullet? Let Them Freeze to Death"
10. Germans: "They Are Human. Take a Look They're Afraid," The
11. We Were Crying Because We Really Couldn't Believe That We Were Free"
12. What's Wrong With You?" Rescuers Appear: "My Child
13. "I Couldn't Adopt the Same Approach to Them as They Have to Us"
14. "I'm Going to Marry This Girl"
15. In the Hospital
17. Two-Thirds of European Jews Killed in WWII: "I Was Alone in the World"
18. Post-War Murders: "Pogrom"
19. The Auschwitz Trial, And the Grossrosen Trial, A Witness at the Sachsenhausen Trial
20. My Beautiful Revenge: "I Knew I Was Free"
22. Survivors Leave Their Birthplaces For New Lives
23. "We're Still Looking For a Familiar Face"
24. I Would Have Nothing" "in Poland
25. But to Everyone" "Can This Happen Ever Again? Yes. Not Only to Jews
26. Dreams-I Never Do Because I Live With It, Day and Night" "Nightmares
27. "How Come You Survived While So Many Millions Got Killed?"
28. "This Is Like a Special Given Time"
29. Narration: The Human Total
30. Narration: Introduction to Discs 3 & 4
2. Jewish Children Rescued by the English
3. "I Don't Think I Did Say Good-Bye"
4. "Not Speaking Any of English Apart From Yes and No"
6. A Soldier's Story: First-Hand Witness at Dachau
7. Picture-Postcard Town, And It Was Called Dachau" "We Came Through a Picturesque
8. "I Did Not Speak of Any of This For More Than Forty Years"
9. Maybe Two or Three Times in My Whole Life I Lost My Temper" "One of the
10. "It Could Happen Unless We Watch Out For It"
12. Drafted to Fight
13. Dauchau Atrocities-"Nobody Told Us About That"
14. "Why Did They Have to Kill These People?"
15. I Wasn't Sure That It Was True" "But Until I Saw All That
16. Basically, How Cruel Man Can Be Towards Another Man" "It Just Proved to Me
18. One Man Who Made a Difference
19. "Do You Know My Uncle in Toledo?"
20. Collecting Survivor's Names
22. Colonel, What Do You Need the 60 Trucks For?" "If There Are No Jews
24. "We Are Americans. We Don't Believe in Segregation"
25. "Record It as the First Contribution That the American Joint Distribution Committee Is Making..."
27. The Liberated Jews Were Given a Certain Amount of Freedom" "For the First Time
29. Rabbi Klausner's Plans Continue
2. The Professions Most Respected: Studying Torah and Rendering the Healing Art of Medicine
3. Racial Purity and Euthanasia
4. "There Are Life Lessons"
6. A Childhood of Concealment: Earliest Memories
8. Why Didn't the Jews Leave?
9. There's a Space in the Foundation" "It's Under the Apartment House
10. "She Gives Them a Ring in Exchange For One Week of Hiding Me"
11. Escaping the Ghetto
12. The Farmhouse
13. Mr. Mustache Comes to Our House
15. New Freedom in the United States
16. The United Nations Vote on the Re-Establishment of Israel
17. "and One Day I Had a Fight With God"
18. And I Was Looking For Closure" "I Went Back to Poland
19. Hoping That Nothing So Bad Would Ever Happen Again" "Teaching My Children to Be Positive
20. Voices of the Shoah: Epilogue
|Playing Time:||235 min.|
Narrated by Elliott Gould.Personnel includes: Shlomo "Saul" Berger, Fela Bernstein, Edith Birkin, Renate Collins, Abe Cheslow, Lily Fischl, Ruth Foster, Rose Groves, Siegfried "Siggy" Halbreich, Eugene Heimler, Jack Kagan, Cesia Kingston, Abraham Klausner, Trude Levi, Sonia Meyers, Lawrence Mori, John Rauch, Vera Schaufeld, Gary Schiller, Dana Schwartz, Ilse Sinclair, Barbara Stimler, Fred Yasukochi (spoken vocals); Fred Bededetti (guitar); Geoff Pekarek (bouzouki, bass); Yale Strom (violin); Norbert Stachel (flute, clarinet, oboe, saxophone); Peter Stain (accordion).Producers: David NotowitzPrincipally recorded at Proxy Music, San Diego, California. Includes liner notes by Richard Foos, John R. Fishel, Pastor Martin Niemoller & David Notowitz.Includes 100-page Booklet.David Notowitz's Voices of the Shoah is an audio documentary of the Holocaust compiled from over 180 interviews with survivors and witnesses now residing in the U.S. and the U.K. Elliot Gould's narration links the alternately terrifying and inspiring stories of Holocaust survivors, American soldiers, and military rabbis, which Notowitz spent a decade collecting. A moving and dignified work, this first ever audio documentary of the Holocaust makes history as well as preserving it. All the proceeds from Voices of the Shoah benefit the mission of The Jewish Federation of Los Angeles. ~ Heather Phares
eBay Product ID: EPID3373074
Portions of this page Copyright 1948 - 2014 Muze Inc.
All rights reserved.