|VIZIO VTAB1008 8" TABLET Wi-Fi ANDROID 4 GB 1 GHz FRONT CAMERA BRAND NEW!|
Returns not accepted
Los Angeles, CA, USA
|Vizio VTAB1008 WiFi 4GB 8in Android Webcam HDMI Micro SD Internet Tablet - Black|
Returns not accepted
Waltham, MA, USA
|Vizio 4GB Tablet, Wi-Fi, 8in Bundle!|
Returns not accepted
Tonawanda, NY, USA
|Get seamless connectivity as well as entertainment on the go with the Vizio tablet. The high definition touchscreen of the Vizio VTAB1008 allows you to play your favorite games and watch videos with ease. Featuring a built-in Wi-Fi, this 8-inch tablet lets you browse content and stream videos without compromising on quality. What’s more, the built-in HDMI port connects your tablet to bigger screens, giving you an amazing video-watching experience like never before.|
|Display Size||8in (20.32 cm)|
|Hard Drive Capacity||4 GB|
|Processor Speed||1 GHz|
|Display and Screen|
|Display Max. Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Touch Screen Technology||Multi-Touch|
|Connections and Expandability|
|Networking Type||Bluetooth, Integrated Wireless LAN|
|Expansion Ports||HDMI, TV Out (RCA), VGA out|
|Wireless capabilities||Bluetooth, WLAN 802.11b, WLAN 802.11g, WLAN 802.11n|
|Audio Input||Stereo Input Jack|
|Audio Output||Headphones, Speaker(s)|
|Height||8.1in (20.57 cm)|
|Width||6.6in (16.76 cm)|
|Depth||0.48in (1.21 cm)|
|Weight||2.5lb (1.133 kg)|
|Battery Run Time||Up to 10 hours|
|Additional Technical Informations|
|Input Method||Camera, Touch-Screen|
|Special Features||Built-In Front Camera|
Average review score based on 67 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
I've had the VTAB1008 for 3 days now and I'm satisfied with the purchase. For under $200 I don't think you can beat this tablet. The screen is bright, the battery is decent, and the stereo speakers that switch when you turn the tablet is impressive. There are a few problems with the tablet, but I knew that going in. This is not an Ipad, it's 1/3 the price.
- Better form factor than 7" tablets. Even the Kindle Fire feels like you're holding a big phone, while this feels more like a book. And Ipad is too big to comfortable hold one handed for a long period of time, this one isn't.
- Good, not great battery life. It's between 4-6 hours of processor intensive use (watching videos, lots of flash animation, etc).
- Good stereo speakers. There are 3 speakers, and two are used at a time, depending on if you're in portrait or landscape. Impressive sound for a tablet.
- Mini HDMI out.
- MicroSD card slot. For $40 you can get a 32gb card, for 34gb of usable storage. That's an extra $200 on an Ipad. Be sure to set the default storage to the memory card so apps save there instead of on the internal memory (only 2gb or so).
- Price. Ranges from $150-$200 refurbished on ebay.
- Built in GPS. You could pay the same amount for a standalone GPS. Note: Google Maps and Navigation do NOT work without a data connection. You can load a route while you're on wifi and it'll work, but if it's over 200ish miles or you change routes, it's not going to quit on you. I'm using an ok free GPS program right now, but I'm probably going to end up spending the $10 to get a good one.
- No widgets on main screen. I'm not a widget person so it's not a big deal, but you have to put widgets on a "widget board" which is not immediately accessible. Fixable with GoLauncher Ex from the Play Store.
- Processor is a bit sluggish. There's a slight delay when you turn on the screen or start up a program. Not significant, but annoying. But the tradeoff for decent battery life is a slow processor.
- Slow charging from USB. If you plug it into the wall it charges fine. But if you charge from a computer USB port, it takes forever. The tablet doesn't realize it's supposed to charge from data connections. Plug it into the wall.
- Fragile USB port. DO NOT USE THIS TABLET WHEN IT'S CHARGING. The port shifts when you jiggle the cable, it feels like the USB will break easily. (which is probably why there are so many refurbished ones on ebay)
- Front facing camera only. It's meant for video chat, not taking pictures.
I've had this now for two weeks, although I have not used it too much yet. After reading some reviews, I decided not to download apps until I had purchased an aftermarket 32Mb SD card. I also thought it would be a good idea to get a screen protector, so I have basically been laying off of it until those accessories arrived. This tablet comes with a Vizio fake leather cover, which fits well, and provides good protection, although it would have been better if it had some sort of closure on it. The tablet itself is pretty impressive. When I first got it, it froze up while I was going through the initial setup. I called tech service and actually got somebody (in America) who knew what they were doing and within 5 minutes, I was up and running again. Kudos to Vizio! I have had no similar trouble since. The display resolution is great. Very sharp and clear. The running speed is pretty darned good too; no objectionable lag time at all. As I said, I have not downloaded any apps yet, but I have surfed the net a lot, and it works as well as my laptop (the browser interface is a little different). The display image changes orientation (vertical/horizontal) with no fuss, although there can be a slight hesitation. I have played part of a Netflix movie, and it streamed it without any delays. I should also mentioned up front that the tablet found my home wireless network right away, and connected easily, except that I had to furnish my network's password, which I had to go search for. The only thing I do not like about this tablet is the LAME camera Vizio installed. Why they went cheap on that is beyond me. When I was shopping, I saw several other cheaper tablets with TWO cameras that had MUCH better pixel counts. Luckily, I probably won't need the camera function, although if you are going to use Skype, you'll wish it had a better camera. That's about all. All things considered so far, I am pretty well satisfied, until the next adventure, which will be downloading and using apps.
This is my 4th week using the Vizio 8" tablet. I bought this one as refurbished but looked brand new when it arrived. I found it to be very easy to navigate through and use. I purchased the 2 yr warranty with it through Square Trade and it still was less expensive that the Ipad. It seems to do anything that Ipad can as well too. The built in GPS works great and with the free apps I can find anything or anywhere. Skype works well with it and it is fast, but I am using 802.11N which helps. My only cons are the battery life and the camera. It says 10 hours of battery life but it is more like 4 max, unless you do not use much processing for online use. It takes a while to charge too. 4-5 hours for fully charged battery from 20% ..All android and google have worked perfectly without hesitation. The camera faces toward the user which makes it hard to take movies or pics of anything other than you. Of course it is meant for vidio chat but if they added a lens to the back of the lid with an option to switch from one to the other. I would not be afraid to recommend this to anyone. With all the features: 32gb sd card slot,built in wifi and gps, bluetooth wifi and HDMI, It rivals the most expensive out there including the IPAD...
I would like to start by saying research makes it so easy to shop. The reviews put on E-bay makes shopping so much easier. We are very pleased with our purchase of the Vizio tablet. It is flash supported, so there are many more apps that you can use. The touch screen is great, not too sensitive but easy to use. The camera is great. We have used it for videos, pictures, web chatting and video chatting. The microphone and speakers work very well and sound quality is good. I like that the on-screen keyboard can be used as the standard version or the split version. The apps run smoothly. My only wish would be for a better battery life. We also enjoy the remote control feature on the tablet. I like that we can set it up for all the electronics in the house. Forgrt starter tablets and e-readers. Why waste your time when you can get the Vizio and get it all. Also the size is perfect, better than the 7" tablets and its nice and thin, lite and easy to hold.
When I read the details it said that it had the flash player but when I tried to run videos on it and tried to go to my favorite websites, it claims that I don't have adobe flash player on it and when I tried to upgrade to the newer version, it wouldn't allow me to because it claims that it wasn't compatible with my device. That was the reason why I bought this! for entertainment purposes because Ive reserved my laptop for my schoolwork. I got excited because I bought the Coby Kyros a long time ago and had the same problem, and I thought it would be fixed on this one, but I was wrong. :(
Its a great tablet with a great battery life compared to the other tablets, and its worth $200 but like I said before- YOU CANNOT UPGRADE TO THE ADOBE FLASH 11 ON THIS PARTICULAR TABLET ; MEANING YOU CANNOT VIEW SOME PHOTO GALLERIES NOR WATCH VIDEOS OR MOVIES ON YOUR FAVORITE WEBSITES! SO IF YOU WANT ENTERTAINMENT ON YOUR TABLET- DO NOT BUY!! Its also really heavy, so if you don't like bulky tablets, this one isn't for you!
So, I am going to return this tablet due to disappointment.