|I Love Lucy - The Complete Fifth Season (DVD, 2005, 4-Disc Set) (DVD, 2005)|
|I Love Lucy - The Complete Fifth Season (DVD, 2005, 4-Disc Set)|
Watertown, CT, USA
Free shippingBuy it now
|Display Format:||4-Disc Set|
Average review score based on 23 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
The fifth season of "I Love Lucy" that aired between 1955 and 1956 has 26 memorable episodes:
1. "Lucy Visits Grauman's": With Ethel's help, Lucy steals John Wayne's footprints from Grauman's Chinese Theater.
2. "Lucy and John Wayne": Lucy and Ethel try to return the footprints that they stole, but they break; so Ricky enlists the help from John Wayne (himself) to make a new set. More than one may be needed.
3. "Lucy and the Dummy": After Ricky backs out of a party where Lucy wants her big break, Lucy makes a dummy of Ricky to dance with at the party.
4. "Ricky Sells the Car": After Ricky sells the car, Fred & Ethel think they'll have to ride a motorcycle back to NYC; but Ricky buys train tickets for all.
5. "The Great Train Robbery": Thinking there's a jewel thief on board the train to NYC, Lucy can't stop pulling the emergency brake cord. (Train conductor played by Frank Nelson, 1911-1986.)
6. "Homecoming": Upon returning to NYC, Ricky is a big star, but Lucy initially doesn't share in everyone's worship of him.
7. "The Ricardos Are Interviewed": Ricky & Lucy consider moving and Ricky is to be interviewed on a prestigious show.
8. "Lucy Goes to a Rodeo": After Ricky can't help Fred with a rodeo-themed show for his lodge, Lucy & Ethel volunteer to help.
9. "Nursery School": After Lucy's fear of Little Ricky getting sick at nursery school comes to pass, she is determined to stay with him at the hospital.
10. "Ricky's European Booking": When Ricky can't afford to take Lucy on his European tour, she & Ethel dream up a raffle to help the "Ladies Overseas Aid", which they think is themselves.
11. "The Passports": Lucy can't find her birth certificate so that she can get her passport.
12. "Staten Island Ferry": To help Fred overcome seasickness, Lucy takes him onto the Staten Island Ferry; but she gets seasick herself and may be late to the passport office. (Passport clerk played by Charles Lane.)
13. "Bon Voyage": When the ship leaves port for Europe, Lucy is inadvertently left behind; so she'll have to get to ship via a helicopter. One of the best fifth-season episodes!
14. "Second Honeymoon": Lucy wants the Atlantic cruise to be a second honeymoon, but Ricky is too busy with the band.
15. "Lucy Meets the Queen": After Lucy misses seeing the queen at Buckingham Palace, Ricky gets invited to met the queen, but not Lucy. Of course, when has "no" ever stopped Lucy?
16. "The Fox Hunt": Bragging that she can ride, Lucy gets to show how well she can actually ride a horse in a fox hunt.
17. "Lucy Goes to Scotland": Lucy wants to travel to Scotland to meet her distant McGillicuddy relatives. The dream sequence that unfolds is unforgettable.
18. "Paris at Last": Not having any French currency, Lucy, Ethel & Fred exchange money with a so-called French artist (Shepard Menken, 1921-1999), who turns out to be a counterfeiter. The translation sequence is priceless, as is Lucy's introduction to escargot!
19. "Lucy Meets Charles Boyer": Lucy & Ethel are star-struck when they encounter Charles Boyer (himself) at a sidewalk cafe.
20. "Lucy Gets a Paris Gown": When Lucy goes on hunger strike to force Ricky to buy her an expensive French-designed dress, Ricky & Fred have dresses custom-made out of burlap. (A fantastic episode!)
21. "Lucy in the Swiss Alps": Lucy, Ricky, Fred & Ethel get trapped in an avalanche while mountain climbing until they here "L
Season 5 is another great season! In most of these scenes it is based on there trip to Europe. Lucy meets the queen is an exelent show and I love the grape stomping episode too. In this set they take a train on there trip and eventually fly on an airplane, I really like the episode where Lucy promices to her mom that she will bring her some cheese back from Europe and because it is so heavy and it will cost too much to bring aboard the plan Ricky tells her that she can't bring it with her, so she wraps a blanket around the cheese and pretends its a baby because babies get to fly for free or hardy nothing on a plane. She get on the plane and has to sit beside a nosy lady, who insists on taking a peek at the baby and in the meanwhile she is trying to hide it from the flight attendant and everyone else on the plane. Well you know what happens, Lucy is caught and all breaks loose. Another funny episode of "I Love Lucy," this set is loaded with extras and is a must for any Lucy fan.
Season 5 of I Love Lucy is as fresh and funny and original as it was when it first aired on television in the 1950's. Season 5 contains such famous episodes as John Wayne's footprint from Hollywood and the trip they took to Europe where Lucy meets the Queen, stomps grapes in Italy, gets a designer dress in Paris, and so on. Nothing beats I Love Lucy for quality and laughs. This is a must-have for every Lucy fan!
Lucy, Lucy and More Lucy! I just can't get enough of this Hilarious Red Head who's always getting into to trouble and Ricky "Lucy, You got some 'splaning to do!" Lucy and the gang Are in Hollywood and try to steal John Wayne's Footprints from Grauman's (Now Mann's) Chinese Theatre In Hollywood, California! Back TO New York then Off to Europe where the Adventure with Lucy never ends! It's all worth it. Plenty of Laughter! So get the popcorn and It's I Love Lucy Time! The Queen of Comedy!
I bought the ILL Complete Fifth Season because I love watching Lucy. The show is on at a time when I can't watch it so I bought the DVD's and now I can watch her whenever I want. I recommend it to all Lucy fans.