|Garmin Streetpilot C330 Automotive GPS Receiver USA NORTH AMERICA 2014.3 Maps|
Returns not accepted
|Garmin StreetPilot c330 (US Map) 3.5-Inch Auto GPS Receiver - 3944|
Returns not accepted
San Mateo, CA, USA
Free shippingBuy it now or Best offer
Free shippingBuy it now
|Designed with the preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, the StreetPilot c330 GPS receiver lets you reach your destination through the shortest route possible. The large 16-bit TFT white backlight LCD screen of this Garmin automotive GPS device displays crisp and clear maps, images, and menu. With loads of POI’s and around 500 waypoints, this Garmin GPS receiver store the address of popular hotels, restaurants, holiday resorts, malls, ATMs, gas stations, and other such places. Thanks to the turn-by-turn voice directions given by this Garmin automotive GPS device, you would never have to remove your eyes off the screen while driving. The huge battery life of 8 hours makes this Garmin GPS receiver a perfect traveling companion. The suction cup windshield mounting offers easy installation, making the StreetPilot c330 quick to switch between cars.|
|MPN||010N040110, 100040110, 100040110REFURBISHED, 100040111, 100040124, 101012011376, C330, GARMINSTREETPILOTC330, GINSTPILOTC330, GRM0040110, OGGPS207, SPC330RB, STPILOTC330, STPILOTC330EA, STREETPILOTC330|
|UPC||053759047918, 4030812947084, 753759047917, 753759047924, 753759053093, 753759058265, 753759064921|
|System Type||Fixed, Portable|
|User Interface||Touch Screen|
|WAAS Features||WAAS enabled|
|Number of Channels||12 Channels|
|Display Size||2.8 in. x 2.1 in.|
|Display Type||16 Color LCD TFT Display|
|Resolutions||320 X 240|
|Features||3D Map View, Waypoint Icons|
|Audible Features||Voice Navigation Instructions|
|Trip calculator||Avoid toll roads, Least use of freeways, Maximum speed, Most use of freeways, Odometer, Points-of-Interest (POI), Route Recalculation, Shortest distance, Shortest time, Trip Timers|
|Included Software/Maps||Canada Maps, Europe Maps, Middle East Maps, North America Maps, South Africa Maps, South America Maps, USA Maps|
|Accuisition Time - Cold||45 sec|
|Accuisition Time - Initial Time||15 sec|
|Update Rate||1 per second, continuous|
|Max. Horizontal Accuracy||< 49 feet|
|WAAS Position Accuracy||< 10 feet|
|Battery Type and Quantity||Proprietary Lithium|
|Battery Life||8 Hours|
|Antenna Type||Built-in, External Antenna Hookup|
Average review score based on 951 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
The Garmin c330 is a great little mobile unit. Listen if you are going to take a road trip and are unsure of they how to get there, a GPS system like the Garmin c330 is the way to get there with the least amount of hassel. I went to Boston Mass. for the eBay Live convention in 2007, I had never been there before and the airport shuttle driver starts to tell me about how I should get one ..... So I do get one with the car rental. I punch the address into the Garmin c330 for the hotel and bingo, I have clear turn by turn instructions. Well then I miss a turn and this gadget automatically resets the route to still get me there with new turn by turn instructions. I was impressed! We wanted to find a restaurant, so at the hotel I flip thru the phone book and find a couple of places to try, but I did not know how far from the hotel they were. So I search for restaurants in the pre-programmed listings and it tells me how far each is from where we are. What a great little tool! Makes driving in an unfamiliar area a low stress breeze. And it gives you a sense of confidence driving, so what if you make the wrong turn..... or you pull off the wrong exit..... or decide to stop and see the worlds largest ball of string. This will get you back on track. It is a great buy for the price!
This is my 2nd Garmin GPS nav next to the StreetPilot C550. I spent a lot of time trying out GPS units, and have compared Garmin, Tom Tom, Magellan, and several factory GPS units. All of these GPS units tell you how to get somewhere and will re-route if you make a wrong turn. However, Garmin is my absolute favorite, and here's why:
1. The most important thing about Garmin units is the user interface. It is simple to understand and easy to use.
2. The Garmin unit uses a built in database of sunrise and sunset times (based upon your location) to automatically change from daylight mode to night-time mode. This is important because the daylight screen is much too bright for use at night.
3. If you have the Garmin unit plugged into your car power, when you turn off the car (and the cigarette lighter power goes off), the Garmin unit will detect that and automatically turn itself off (it gives you 30 seconds to override and keep the unit on).
4. When you start your car again, the Garmin unit will detect that too and automatically power up. If you were in the middle of a trip, the Garmin unit will pick up where you left off, and you won't have to tell it where you were going again.
5. Unlike most factory GPS units, Garmin will allow you to select your route and make changes while you are moving.
6. The Garmin units have an extensive database of locations and the excellent interface makes it easy to search the database to find what you want. Do you want food or gas? Just click three buttons and a list of locations (sorted by distance) will appear. If you know the name of the place you want, you can type it in on the on-screen keypad and Garmin will find it for you. You can even add your own locations using the favorites feature. I first started using this when I was out of town, but its amazing what you'll find near you when you look.
7. While you are driving, the Garmin unit will both prompt you to turn and give you a written explanation of the turn (including the street or highway name and direction) at the top of the screen. The Garmin unit also shows an estimated arrival time (usually a few minutes earlier than you'll actually arrive) and the distance to your next turn. A separate screen gives you detailed trip information, including how far and how long you've been driving and your maximum speed. I used mine on an airplane once (yes, it is allowed - read the back of the airplane magazine), and it now says that by maximum speed was 590 miles per hour.
8. I often use the Garmin even when driving locally, becase it often finds better, faster ways to get there then the way that I usually use.
9. Garmin offers a variety of installation options and accessories. My favorite is the friction based dashboard mount (three weights connected to a center stand) which is much more convenient than the supplied mounting system.
10. If you turn off the GPS receiver (see settings) and then look up another location, you will get the option to set this new location as your present location. This will allow you to use search Garmin's points of interest for the new location. This is a great feature when planning trips, because Garmin's points of interest database is quite extensive and includes all of the typical tourist attractions, plus food, shopping, gas, banking, etc.
11. Be sure to check for the latest map and firmware updates at Garmin's web-site.
Recently I along with other relatives visited my brother stationed at
Lundstuhl Germany outside of Frankfurt. After we arrived, my brother who supposedly had a week off, did not. therefor my brother gave me his
Garmin C330 Navigational GPS Unit. We really wanted to go to Paris France,
and I was hesitant to drive across two Countries that I was unfamiliar with.
I therefore made reservations on the internet at a Paris hotel.
The next day I set the GPS for the hotels address,grabbed a rental car and a book detailing traffic signs and there meanings,then we were off to Paris.
I was amazed by the accuracy of the unit, which is voice guided and tells you
exactly where you are and where your going.
The unit is extremely easy to use, and there is nothing at all I disliked about the unit whatsoever. There are more than six million points of interest that are stored to be used. Everything on the route was within the GPS.
" Incredible ". The system is attached to the windshield anywhere above the dash you prefer. There is also an attaching cord for the power port or cigarette lighter outlet.
While in use it charges itself and then can be used without the power cord. Basically the unit is somewhat of a monitor with bright colored graphics for both night and day. With the voice guidance you are not distracted at all. A colored arrow shows you your route from up close to hundreds of miles out from where you are. The device also gives the correct speed you are traveling and counts down the actual time it takes to arrive at your destination. If anything is desired on your trip you have access to it. Every restraunt, fuel stop, attraction or anything you can think is there. Entering the name by just touching the letters on the screen is all that is needed. " Impossible to get lost ".
The GPS unit is preprogrammed at the factory. After you turn the device on it then links its programmed information with the satelite immediately.
The great thing about this is that there is no service fee for using the government owned satelite. Once you purchase this item at about 280.00
you are set. If there are other countries you are traveling to, you are able to purchase information on a memory card and place the memory card into the slot
located on the units side. The United States and all of Canada is included on this unit. The favorite and outstanding feature that I like is the GPS updates
that Garmin ( manufacturer ) will send to you by email.
You then receive a link to a websight and then download from your computer
by a USB Cable that attaches to the unit and which is included with purchase.
Finally after using my C330 I am very impressed by the inexspensive technology and to this date (8) Garmin C330 street pilots have been purchased by friends who have experienced the use of mine. My overall Rating is " Awesome " and I rate it way above 100% for the average consumer. My advice, get one and never get lost again. ( Disclaimer --- If purchased on ebay do not buy a refurbished unit, make sure the item is factory sealed and new, read the fine print ).
Great product for the compact size. It does more then I expected. All the information installed in this little think (restaurants, hotels, gas stations, type name of the store and you have full list of them in your neighborhood). With this device is hard to get lost. Recommended. I have this toy for 3 months now and I can't say anything bad about it.
I bought this item after moving my family to a different state. We lost all of our friends, and favorite hangouts and needed help find new things to do and places to see. This product is similar to one a friend had and similar to the one that was in a rental car I recently had. This product makes me feel much safer about my family getting to our final destinations!