|This boot disk comes with the Game Boy Player attachment and is needed in order to play Game Boy Advance (or lower) handheld games on the GameCube.|
|Game||Game Boy Player Start-Up Disc|
|Number of Players||1|
Average review score based on 9 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
I bought this Game Boy Player For Nintendo Gamecube with Start-up Disc mainly so that we could view and play Game Boy, GBC & GBA games on a larger screen. I was not disappointed. In fact, I had bought one for my house and then brought it over to my nephews' to show them how it worked. Needless to say, I did not go home with it that night! So I ended up buying another one.
I highly recommend this device for a number of reasons:
1) you do not have to keep looking over someone's shoulder to watch a game being played on a tiny little screen.
2) several people can comfortably watch a game being played. If you have or know little ones, you know how they want to show you EVERYTHING that they do!
3) it adds a new and exciting dimension to your game boy, GBC & GBA library, in seeing these games in more vivid color on a much bigger screen.
4) it literally adds new games to your GameCube library!
5) you can also play GameCube games while the player is attached - simply take the start-up disc out of the GameCube system!
6) for single-player games, you use your GameCube controller to play.
7) for multi-player games, the first player will use the GameCube controller, while the other players will use their Game Boy / GBA / GBA SP systems.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need the appropriate cables to link the Game Boy to the device and the other Game Boys to each other. ***
There are some great deals for used players on eBay. I got both of mine for about $20 each, not including S&H. Please be sure that the start-up disc is included - you absolutely must have this disc for the player to work. You can order the disc through Nintendo for $15, but you will save more money if you can buy this player used with the disc included. The cables are easy to find on-line or in gaming stores such as Game Stop.
I’ve recommended this to few people who have not been disappointed. You will not be disappointed either!
My fiance gave me permission to use his ebay to review this product so here goes.... It is soooo cool and I like it and love it and stuff! Ya know? Like, I can watch my fiance play stuff or I can distract him with it so I can get a break of him pawing at me. We mainly bought it to play Golden Sun. I am enjoying being able to watch him play the games on an actual big screen so I don't have to squint, this way I can watch comfortably while I yell at him on what to do next. Perfect for any true gamer or backseat gamer...like myself. Buy this, whoever you are, you will not regret it! (do not forget a gamecube and start-up disc for those young people that just don't know any better.)
If you can get your hands on one of these discs, they are so cool! Allows you to use a Game Boy Player attachment (separate item) on a Game Cube to play Game Boy games on your TV screen. No longer available from Nintendo - Go Ebay!
This system brings back old school games,like the first hand held game boy i bought for my son.I also have an addaptor to play game boy on old super nintendo system.
This thing is pretty cool for 50 bucks. Just attacth it to the bottom of your gamecube and you can play any game boy game on it. The graphics of the games stay the same, but are much more colorful and easy to see. You can still play other gamecube games while the bottom is attached to the system.