|Be multimedia active with the Eken M001 tablet PC that has a RAM memory of 128 MB and a flash memory of 2 GB flash, to store your media and other data. This Eken Android tablet comes with a microphone and stereo speakers, to give you the perfect surround sound when listening to music. Supported with Android 1.6, this Eken tablet PC also lets you surf through the Android market to download more applications. Use the Wi-Fi connection offered by the Eken M001 tablet PC to get connected to the internet, while on the move. Share your media online by connecting to your social networking sites on this Eken Android tablet. Read e-books and also play games on this entertainment filled Eken tablet PC, thanks to a battery that lasts long.|
|Display Size||7in (17.78 cm)|
|Hard Drive Capacity||2 GB|
|Supported File Types||DOC, PDF, PPT, XLS|
|Processor Speed||600 MHz|
|Connections and Expandability|
|Expandability||MMC Card Slot, SD Card Slot|
|Width||4.72in (12 cm)|
|Depth||0.51in (1.3 cm)|
|Weight||0.77lb (0.345 kg)|
Average review score based on 4 user reviews
I bought a new android tablet model EKEN M001 from playa-mart for 7 days but they don't have any kind of stock for buyer to exchange and most of US or even other countries in the world in 7 days seller will accept to exchange goods if it's not working well.Can you believe they sell crap product and return policy only 3 days. And EKEN M001 is keep rebooting infinity until run out of battery and very important key it happen after 3rd day. They don't want to respond on goods they sell so how I fix it. Now it's value as an electronic garbage.
Bought for Christmas, first unit would not hold charge, second replacement only held charge for 5 minutes. Recomend you get the faster units out there, unless all you went to use it for is book reading, then it is fine. Getting a samsung 1.2 ghz unit instead
la verdad que expectacular alternativa economica que reemplaza la ipad de apple, exelente para leer libros en la cama y muchas aplicaciones pueden ser agregadas, estoy feliz de haber invertido en este producto.
First off.... let me give you a brief summary of my travails...
1) Bought the damn thing. Touchscreen was hosed... not very good...and scrolling was next to impossible. Dang...had such high hopes.
2) Got it at home, tried to play with it... alien OS.... not familiar... must learn it.
3) Familiar now. Hooking up a wireless USB dongle for my mouse helped to navigate it better. Google marketplace did not work... understood that from beginning...cool... and there are various fixes out there.
4) Some chinese marketplace was installed... will I use it? Not in your life brother ...ever!
5) Found that you can get Android application files (.APK files) out there on the net...to download... can go ahead and move them to 8 gig memory card that I bought...and install
6) Magic Album is like welcome screen.... shows some quick menu options... and a weather forecast... would be cool if the apps it referenced work.
7) lame apps... I stomped on the "Magic Album" interface... by installing other players.... music, video, etc.
8) Realization... ChiPad builders had no clue... how to set-up Android... not that it could not ever work, they just screwed it all up.
9) With stuff messed up ...cuz the new apps I installed ruined everything...I decided to find a new ROM. Where to find them? [...] of course !!!
10) Thought my device was a M300 by the description. Problem: Eken is the main manufacturer, but.... other chinese companies cloned Eken with slightly different hardware
11) Tried the M300 ROM by Ecotox... a college guy in Australia... he did a great job (remember to donate via paypal to his beer fund LOL) ... just not for my hardware... The menu button did not work...and the screen resolution was too big. No menu button and no Touchscreen. I did use my USB mouse... and was able to see that stuffed worked MUCH BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL ANDROID LOAD.
12) Realized I did not have a M300... lower screen res meant I had a M100 (600x480). Tried the M100 ROM by Ecotox... Still no menu button and no Touchscreen. I did use my USB mouse again... and saw what could be... if I could just get the menu button and the touchscreen working again.
13) Was my touchscreen broken? Could be.... No I don't think so... think I still don't have the correct Android load for my hardware.
14) A guy name Mogrith on the [...] said I should try the M100 slatedroid version of the ROM. I tried it...still no menu button, still no touchscreen.
15) Found the "fixed" Eken reference ROM...this must work.... Please God... let it work! Nope... it was much closer... and stuff worked much better .... no touchscreen or menu button.
16) Finally, I was looking...and found the M70003 ROM. I did not see this before. This is the only identifiable markings on the darn slate or anything... that number was on the instruction manual. I downloaded that... and bingo... I am back up and running. Guess what? It is a fixed load ... does not have the "bloatware" and crap that the original load had. I would recommend this load for everybody who has the one I bought from Amazon.
17) The touchscreen works...and is much more responsive. Also the menu button works. I was giving it a bad response to people who e-mailed me about it... but now that the new ROM fixes the crap... I would do it ....this is a cheap internet device that you can get some use out of ...if you refresh the ROM. Also, I have the .APK files to install flash and a working Youtube app.