|The DeLonghi EAM 4500 Magnifica Espresso Machine is exactly what you would like to have, be it for your kitchen or your workplace. The instructions on the DVD are really handy; as it makes the operation of the DeLonghi EAM 4500 Magnifica so much easier. Making coffee is easier than ever, just push a button on this espresso machine and your coffee is ready. With a built-in grinder, you always have freshly ground beans at your disposal. The milk dispenser of this automated coffee machine is removable for your convenience. You can also heat your cappuccino or latte, as the DeLonghi EAM 4500 Magnifica has a warming surface. The silver exterior of this automated coffee machine gives it a trendy look.|
|Model||EAM 4500 Magnifica|
|Max. Power||1150 Watts|
|Family Line||DeLonghi EAM|
|Built-in Grinder||With Built-in Grinder|
|Features||Cup Warming Surface|
|Max. Pump Pressure||15 BAR|
|Water Tank Size||60.87 oz.|
Average review score based on 11 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
Making a cappuccino with this machine is so easy, even a Caveman can do it!!
We lived in Italy for three years and grew to love real Italian espresso and cappuccino. This machine makes it!! The machine it replaces in our house used Starbuck's coffee pods ($4.95/box, 10 pods per box!) and required us to stand at the machine to steam/foam our milk by hand in our own container - NOT FUN. The EAM 4500 does it all - grinds fresh coffee beans, tamps the grounds, steams the milk, dispenses the espresso, pushes the used grounds into the 'holding tank'. One push of the button is all it takes.
- One-button push makes either a cappuccino, espresso, coffee, foamed milk, hot water.
- Each of the above can easily be programmed to dispense your desired quantity and accommodate your specific taste. A DVD and easy to read instructions are included.
- Automatically tells you when to refill the coffee bean holder and the water container and tells you when to empty the used coffee grounds container. Also tells you if the milk pitcher is not seated properly.
- Push button steam cleaner to clean the milk pitcher prior to storage.
- Cleans up easily - all removable parts wash with soap and water. Instructions give step by step directions. Very simple. Machine will tell you when the access door is open!
Dislikes: ONLY ONE...
- Milk pitcher is sometimes hard to seat. Reason is that when the pitcher is placed in the refrigerator, the pitcher cover gets cold and contracts somewhat, causing the opening to become smaller and hard to push on to the 'steam stem'. Two possible fixes: Don't put the pitcher in the fridge or I'm told that a little vaseline may aid in slipping the pitcher over the o-ring on the steam stem. Just make sure you don't force the pitcher over the stem, unseating the o-ring or worse yet, breaking it. You need the o-ring, otherwise the steam will escape and the milk will not dispense properly.
Overall, this is an outstanding machine and one of my best e-Bay purchases - absolutely no regrets!
A few weeks ago, I purchased the DeLonghi Rialto automatic cappuccino/latte maker. I love it! It comes with an intructional DVD so programming the machine to make my latte completely personalized to my specifications really easy. Equally important, it makes an exceptionally tasty latte or cappuccino with the push of a button. Plus, clean up is super easy too! Another review I read mentioned that the machine was a little noisy during the process, but it's just not possible to brew espresso, steam milk, etc. without a little "barrista chatter". It's not loud, and it's not for long. I am totally satisfied.
That was the best birthday present I made myself love it! You can have an excellent cup of caffe with the push of a boton. You always have fresh ground beans the milk despenser is removable after you are done just put back in the fridge you never have to brew a pot just to have one cup of coffee absolutlly love it.
I'm a coffee lover (ok, snob), and having been in the coffee business in a former life, this machine worried me at first, because it is so completely automated. My worries have been alleviated after one week of use, however, because the quality of product is so high and using it is so easy. It's easier than my mostly automated coffee machine! The warm-up phase is very fast...filling the water tank couldn't be more convenient, dumping the grounds, filling the beans, steaming milk... easy easy easy. It's a bit loud, as I'd read in a review, but so is a Starbucks. I have completely made the switch to this machine, and I'll be taking my coffee machine (a Capresso with auto-grinder that I still love) to my office. (Plus, my kid loves the steamed milk I can make for him.)
This is a great automatic espresso machine!! What more can I say?
I have to admit it is my first machine, but I could not be happier.
Coffee is a big part of my day, and on a recent cruise, my husband was introduced to espresso (we had a Lavazza machine in our cabin) and he very quickly learned to like it.
That was all the excuse I needed to make this purchase "for him"! After much research I chose this machine because of favorable reviews. My hubby has 3 cappuccinos every morning (previously l cup of coffee)!! The milk attachment is wonderful and easy for him to use and after about 3 months it seems to be a reliable piece of equipment.
I used the "Buy It Now" option for the machine and the seller, chilidog-1, was great and has been very helpful even beyond the sale.
I recommend both highly.