|NEW D2 Mighty Ducks|
|D2: The Mighty Ducks (DVD, 2002) (DVD, 2002)|
Free shippingBuy it now
Free shippingBuy it now
Free shippingBuy it now
Free shippingCompare atBuy it now
|Leading Role:||Emilio Estevez|
Average review score based on 8 user reviews
D2: The Mighty Ducks is not as great as the 1st and 3rd movies in the series, but I still rank it among my favorite movies. Many of the same players from the 1st movie are joined with some of the best young hockey players from across the United States to form Team USA to compete in the Junior Goodwill Games. The same coach must now get the two groups of kids (the old players and the newly added players to the team) to cooperate and play as a team. Will they be able to come together in time to defeat the Russian team?
This movie has some great scenes between the action packed hockey game scenes, the training scene with the players tied up with a rope, and the scene where some players go shopping on Rodeo drive (definitely my favorite scene in this movie).
Just doesn't do the sport of hockey justice!!!
I know that the movie is directed towards children and things that happen in the movie are supposed to be viewed as COOL by children, but this movie is an absolute and complete crock. It makes the sport of hockey look like a joke, and I'm just tired of kids thinking the Flying V actually works. I'm not going to rant, and I'm not going to explain the storyline, I'm just going to go straight into the pros and cons.
- Kids WILL enjoy it, but if you ever plan on having your child play hockey, please don't submit them to this movie!
- Somehow Knucklepuck kid ends up in goalie equipment during a 30 second timeout without anyone else noticing
- Too Many Men on the Ice when the Cowboy ropes the Iceland player (seriously, why did it take that girl so long to dig the puck off the boards)
- Wayne Gretzky sold out completely, why on earth would he be cheering for the US team, he is proudly Canadian (at least I thought he was)
- The newspaper says Iceland upsets Russia, but Iceland is talked about as being the favourite in the tournament, so there is no way they could UPSET Russia
- Canada isn't in the top ranking, and Iceland is ranked #1
- This Movie Sucks
- The acting is terrible "Where is Coach Bombay"
- Players come to a full stop during the penalty shot sequence (Against the rules)
- A team representing their country (Team USA) needs to learn to play hockey from a school-yard roller hockey team that uses barrels as goalies
- It actually IS against the rules for a team to switch to a different jersey during a game
- Trinidad and Tobago, do they have ice there?
- Slashing a player across the wrist while he's celebrating is more than a 2-minute minor
- Especially when the female Goalie shoves down two players and gets kicked out of the game for intent to injure
- Female players cannot play on male teams in international play
- I don't care how fast you can skate, if you can't stop you will never make the big team
- So many rule infractions in the game, the main one however is that the players are always OFFSIDE
- This Movies SUCKS!!!
- What was Emelio Estevez thinking showing up at game 3,4, and 6 of the 2003 Stanley Cup finals?
1 out of 5
Rent or Buy: Don't even watch!
I am proudly Canadian, and I understand that this movie is not meant to be an instructional video, but come on. I'd give this movie a 0 out of 5 if eBay would allow it. This movie degrades the sport I grew up watching, and am now extremely passionate about. Every year I hear starry eyed children asking if they can practice the Knuckle Puck, Goalie Switch, or Flying V. None of these things work, or make sense. If you're reading this, you either agree with me or you don't. I know that all true hockey fans will agree with my review of this movie and could also add more to the cons list, but I'm running out of room. So I'll end this review with one final thought, "If you don't watch hockey you might enjoy this movie, if you do watch hockey and haven't seen this film yet, either rent it so you can understand my pain, or steer clear forever!"
PLEASE VOTE IF YOU FIND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL. Thank you.
I feel that Hollywood is at its best when a movie like this is released. It is filled with no violence, no foul language, no sexually suggestive situations, and when the final credits are rolled I can feel that my time watching it was well spent. The proverbial clash of good over evil is only lightly expressed but the movie proves that good faith and honest effort pays off. I liked the first version of the Mighty Ducks and I like this second version even better.
I wanted my seven year old son to have the Mighty Ducks collection. I was unable to find it as a set, so I bought this one and the other two from other sellers. It's a very nostalgic movie and a great choice for any hockey lover.
Good quality. Thanks a lot. I saw my 11 year old face right after the second period in the USA vs Iceland game. I still look pretty cool with my combover 80's wave and my Jurassic Park t shirt. hahah