|Record Label:||Island (Label)|
|Genre:||Oldies, Rock 'N' Roll|
1. Smile - (A-side New York version)
2. When I Was Cruel - (studio version)
3. Almost Blue - (Sydney)
4. 15 Petals - (Sydney)
5. at K-Fog with beatbox) Spooky Girlfriend - (live
6. Honey House - (cruel No.2 remix)
7. Revolution Doll - (Imposter remix)
8. Peroxide Side - (Blunt Cut)
9. Oh Well - (studio version)
10. The - (remix) Imposter vs. The Floodtide
11. Watching the Detectives / My Funny Valentine - (Tokyo 2nd show)
12. Dust - (Melbourne 2nd show)
13. Uncomplicated - (Tokyo 1st show)
14. Smile - (B-side Paris version)
|Playing Time:||71 min.|
This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.Personnel: Elvis Costello (vocals); Marc Ribot (guitar); Barry Finclaire, Ricky Sortomme, Enrico Dicecco (violin); Vincent Lionti (viola); Richard Locker, Jeanne Leblanc, Vincent Segal (cello); Renaud Pion (Bb clarinet, soprano saxophone); Roy Nathanson (alto saxophone); Steve Nieve (Bodendorfer piano, keyboards); Anthony Coleman (piano); Bill Ware (vibraphone); Greg Cohen, Davey Faragher (bass); Joey Baron, Pete Thomas (drums).The Imposters: Steve Nieve (keyboards); Davey Fargher (bass); Pete Thomas (drums).CRUEL SMILE was nominated for the 2003 Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Music Album.CRUEL SMILE is a limited-edition companion piece to Elvis Costello's other 2002 release WHEN I WAS CRUEL, which was a return to rock-oriented tunes after dalliances with Anne Sofie Von Otter and Burt Bacharach. The main ties to WHEN I WAS CRUEL are a handful of live recordings of songs from that album and some remixed versions. Beyond those, CRUEL SMILE lives and breathes on its own, offering "When I Was Cruel No. 1," where it's predecessor contained only "No. 2," which is an entirely different composition. Elvis covers the Charlie Chaplin chestnut "Smile" in two different versions, includes live versions of some of his own classics like "Watching the Detectives" and "Uncomplicated," and offers the previously unheard song "Oh Well." It's recommended that you pick up WHEN I WAS CRUEL first, but even as a stand-alone effort, CRUEL SMILE is quite the engaging endeavor.
eBay Product ID: EPID3492285
Portions of this page Copyright 1948 - 2014 Muze Inc.
All rights reserved.