|Brand New Brother MFC-210c Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer|
eBay Buyer Protection
Free shippingBuy it now
Free shippingBuy it now
Free shippingBuy it now
|The BROTHER MFC-210C delivers printing, copying, scanning, and faxing facilities and is ideal for home and small office environment. This BROTHER Inkjet Printer features print speed up to 20ppm for monochrome and 15 ppm for color. With higher resolution of up to 6000 x 1200, this BROTHER Printer enhances the photo-quality printing. Featuring Direct Printing Capability, the BROTHER MFC-210C allows you to print from a digital camera straight without a computer. Integrated with 8MB RAM, this BROTHER Inkjet Printer works at a faster speed increasing your productivity. The USB 2.0 connectivity in this BROTHER Printer gives you the freedom to print anywhere.|
|Printer Type||All-In-One Printer|
|Family Line||Brother MFC|
|Black print speed up to||20 ppm|
|Max Resolution (BW)||6000 x 1200 dpi|
|Color print speed up to||15 ppm|
|Max Resolution (Color)||1200 x 6000 dpi|
|Extend Printer Technology||Inkjet|
|Computer Operating System||Apple MacOS 8, Apple MacOS 9, Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Home, Microsoft Windows XP Professional|
|Interface||USB 1.0/1.1, USB 2.0|
|Memory Card Compatibility||Compact Flash Type I, Memory Stick, Secure Digital (SD), SmartMedia, xD Picture Card|
|Direct Printing Capabilities||Print Photos Without a PC|
|Printers Special Features||Borderless Printing|
|Max Media Size||Legal (216 x 356 mm, 8.5 x 14")|
|Media Capacity||100 Sheets|
|Black Copying Speed up to||17 ppm|
|Color Copy Speed up to||11 ppm|
|Zoom Range, Reduction||25%,|
|Installed RAM||8 MB|
|Scanner Shape||Flatbed Scanner|
|Scanner Resolution||600 x 2400 dpi|
|Fax Features Supported||Distinctive Ring, PC Fax|
|Release Date||August, 2004|
Average review score based on 27 user reviews
I picked up a non-working unit at a garage sale. It acted as if someone was switching the power on and off continuously. Went to Brother's web site and reloaded the firmware. Now it works perfectly. Here are my observations:
- From some of the user forums I visited while looking for clues on how to fix this printer: be ready to trash the printer (unless under warranty) if you get an "error 41" (bad printer head). This is not an easily replaceable item. Looks like it happens quite often with these printers.
- For home use, this printer is the best compromise in size and functions. Everything is done from the front, and unless you are scanning large books, it uses very little vertical space.
- If you are planning on refilling the cartridges, make sure you use a reputable brand. I refilled the black cartridge and now it occasionally dries up on the printer head. If I use the printer daily, then no problems.
- In photo mode, this printer prints EXCELLENT photos. Very impressed. It takes about 4 minutes for a 4x6 print, but worth the wait.
- Have a set of cartridges ready in case one of them runs low. The printer will not let you even fax if one of the cartridges goes low. Actually, if you use black electrical tape to block the cartridge sensor, you can keep using the printer.
- The little LCD could definitely use a backlight. It defaults to this washed out contrast level, but it can be set to a more visible dark.
- I am totally in love with this printer, even with all its flaws. Its just so compact and yet so versatile. I am definitely getting another one, if anything as a backup.
Like others I had display contrast issues, but it really is easy to adjust so don't let that stop you from buying this printer. It is great for everyday printing, it is very good quality. The copy function has come in handy many times, but if you want to fax multiple page documents, look for a machine with ADF (automatic document feeder) function. Otherwise you will have lay a page flat, scan it, put in another, etc. In other words you have to have the time to sit and baby sit it, you can't just load it and walk away. Also if you do a lot of heavy printing daily, be prepared to replace the ink OFTEN for a hefty price. Approximately $25 per color, there are 4 cartridges. And if your ink is low, it will not LET you print until you put more in it. Even if it is just the Yellow that is low and you want to print black and white. The cost is reasonable for the unit itself. If you want to use multiple paper types, forget it. I wanted to print on envelopes and labels. Envelops always jam, and it is a real pain to clear it out and start over. I wanted to print on half sheet labels, they jam about 50% of the time. Also if you put too much paper in, it will jam. It is not easy to load 4x6 photo paper to print photos, but if you can get it in there, it does print photos nicely. Last but not least, you definitely want to wait several minutes for ink to dry before handling, otherwise you will smudge and smear your printouts.
This is a very good model. It's functional and the replacement ink cartridges are quite reasonable.
1) LCD - READ MANUAL. Guys must be buying these.
2) Scanner - It automatically sets itself up in PAINT, remember that program? It's in Accessories, if one remembers how to use a computer.
3) Paper - Uses copier paper. Rarely jams, unless, LIKE ANY PRINTER, the ends of paper are mushed.
4) SD slots handles every type. Pop-up window shows F: drive. Remember, as per instructions, right click to EJECT card. May take a couple of times. If you close window or "up folders" it's too fast for chip to read and it opens another window.
Basically, READ the manual. Just like with any computer or computer accessory purchase. READ the MANUAL. Have no use for whiners who have no clue, then cry when it doesn't work.
+This is a hard working printer,
- good for at home when speed is not a factor.
+I like the cost of ink with this printer. (also easy to refill)
+ the fact that it has 4 separate colors, so you can replace only the color you want.
-beware on used printers,
the lines for the ink can become unusable if they are allowed to dry out.
1. if the ink was not replaced when used up.
2. if cartridge is taken out for a period of time.
3. or if used as just a fax, the color can sit to long and dosen't always work, and may not be fixable.
+However the owner can test by copying a colored page. without hooking up the printer.
-It does an excellent job on pictures, and graphics with good color.
I would and did buy it again.