|*** SPECIAL*** Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB White (AT&T) Smartphone|
New other (see details)
Returns not accepted
eBay Buyer Protection
Roselle, IL, USA
Free shipping14 bids
Free shippingBuy it now or Best offer
Free shippingBuy it now
|With 3.5-inch display screen, the iPhone 3GS cell phone gives you a clear view of all the contents and applications. The Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g connectivity of this Apple smartphone allows you to chat with friends, view your mails, and surf from almost anywhere. The 3 MP camera of this Apple cell phone lets you capture your favorite moments with amazing clarity. The iPhone 3GS cell phone features 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 processor that lets you easily operate various applications at the same time. The 256 MB RAM of this Apple smartphone rapidly processes all your files and data. The Li-Ion Battery of this Apple cell phone offers 12 hours of talk time so that you can interact for hours together.|
|Family Line||Apple iPhone|
|Storage Capacity||32 GB|
|Network Technology||GSM / EDGE / UMTS / HSDPA|
|Band||GSM / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS / HSDPA 850/1900/2100|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Capacity||1219 mAh|
|Battery Talk Time||Up to 720 min|
|Battery Standby Time||Up to 300 hr|
|Display Technology||LCD display|
|Diagonal Screen Size||3.5 in.|
|Display Resolution||320 x 480 pixels|
|Color Depth||18-bit (262000 Colors)|
|QWERTY Physical Keyboard||No|
The iPhone 3GS finally adds common cell phone features like multimedia messaging, video recording, and voice dialing. It runs faster; its promised battery life is longer; and the multimedia quality continues to shine.
The iPhone 3GS' call quality shows no improvements and the 3G signal reception remains uneven. We still don't get Flash Lite, USB transfer and storage, or multitasking.
The iPhone 3GS doesn't make the same grand leap that the iPhone 3G made from the first-generation model, but the latest Apple handset is still a compelling upgrade for some users. The iPhone 3GS is faster and we appreciate the new features and extended battery life, but call quality and 3G reception still need improvement.
Average review score based on 8 user reviews
I've owned all iterations of the iPhone--and this is by far the one I was most impressed with. The switch from the 3g-->3gS puts the previous 1st-->3g jump to shame.
The 3gS variants are almost identical to the previous 3G iPhones. The major changes are NOT cosmetic in nature. The CPU has been improved from 412mhz to 600mhz, the ram has been doubled, a new graphics chip has been installed (providing OpenGL support), a new camera, and an internal compass has been built in (see more). Sadly, there is STILL no 3rd party routing software available--google maps is sufficient though.
Thoughts: 3G vs. 3G S
1. The battery life for both is rather similar. SLIGHT improvement in the 3G S.
2. The LCD digitizer (touchscreen) is practically the same with both editions--3G seems brighter.
3. Dimensions and case sizes are nearly identical--3G S is a bit thinner. The engravings on the back are different, but you're getting the same pretty case from the 3G.
4. Unaided GPS (without AT&T tower assistance) is just about as weak in both models... but the 3G S sports an internal compass, allowing for amazing accuracy and directional navigation while hiking and "street-walking". Hands down, the best new addition to the 3G S.
5. The new CPU and graphics chip combine for SIGNIFICANTLY decreased loading times when partaking in both graphically intensive gaming, and everyday activities (web browser loading). In games, this contributes to increased frame rates which are highly noticeable.
6. The internal camera has been boosted from a paltry 2mp to an adequate 3mp. It's not spectacular, but it's in line with current offerings. It features autofocus, which is a very nice addition. FINALLY, users have built-in video recording capability without going to extreme lengths.
What is disturbing about this model:
1. Do NOT let it overheat. Make sure you keep it charged in a cool location with sufficient airflow. This means DON'T put it on fabric. Don't overcharge, and be sure to inspect (check for overheating) regularly. The first time it overheats (it will be HOT to the touch), the battery output will GREATLY diminish (1/2 to 1/3 capacity), and should be changed through Apple.
2. There is NO apple-supplied application for checking and resetting the iPhone battery. This is provided for MacBooks, but not the iPod line
3. As with all iPhone models, buy a case--a Zagg InvisibleShield to protect it from scratches and the odd bump/bruise--or a silicone case--I highly recommend a screen protector. iPhones are FRAGILE (see below).
4. Internal components are flush with the case, and simple dents will cause components/features to fail.
5. DO NOT attempt to open ANY iPhone model for repair if you do not have experience--the cases/trim are prone to dents/bends, and you are likely to scratch/damage internal components if you attempt to replace the digitizer or battery yourself (the most common repairs). It is better to take them directly to Apple stores for repair.
6. Based on who you talk to, Apple will ONLY honor the 1 year manufacturer warranty if the iPhone is linked to an AT&T contract. If you have Jailbroken/Unlocked your iPhone, reset it to factory firmware and specifications before attempting to deal with Apple Repair.
7. No external HD capacity detected--camera only.
8. You have to deal with iTunes to activate and sync music.
9. Still no front-based camera for video-conferencing... very important to business users.
Hope this helped