View all Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock
Average based on 85 reviews
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for WiiCreated: 02/07/2011
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for Wii is a great music game that again goes a step further than the last installment in the series. All the familiar gameplay is still around (using instruments to play along with music tracks), and it's as fun as ever. The cast of characters also brings back familiar faces as well as adding in a handful of new characters to play as.
What Warriors of Rock does a little differently this time around is go more in-depth into a fantasy-like rock n' roll story quest for players to engage in. Though the story may seem highly imaginative, the gameplay is what keeps you in, and the song list is quite impressive and really drives the game. The level of difficulty between songs is well balanced and easy for anyone to pick up and play, though later songs in the story mode will have some players frantically mashing the frets on the guitar controller. Of course, free play is still around and still great to play in a group.
Another step that WoR manages to get done well is add a fun mode to play with another player who has a Nintendo DS. Like in the last installment, 4 players can battle it out in teams, 2 players on guitars and 2 players on the Nintendo DS. However, the person with the Nintendo DS can now manage the song set list to apply a song to play next when everyone else is playing free play, full band or not. Also, there's another mode for the Nintendo DS player to tag along with another player on an instrument to complete challenges for individual songs, and that's where fun minigames come to play.
All in all, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock maintains a high replay value for anyone looking to add new music and ways to experience Guitar Hero to their library. ...Read more
GHWOR would be great if not for so many unbearable bugs and faults.Created: 09/30/2011
1. As a Guitar Hero veteran, I greatly appreciate the brutal insane difficulty GHWOR offers.
2. Unlocking extras via Quickplay+ is a great new addition, and there are many things to unlock, while the number of challenges grows with your library and number of bandmates.
3. You can still import your songs from other Guitar Hero games*.
4. When you earn Star Power when yours is already full, it goes to your bandmates.
1. No one online can see your created rockers or instruments. When you play online with others, one player will be a clone of whatever rocker you are using, and the rest will be from the rockers in your local band line-up.
2. *The Store does not work. (If you have imported/ downloaded songs to GH5 or downloaded GHWOR songs via the PlayStation Network Store, you can play those songs using the Update Setlist option.
3. Sometimes your difficulty may be automatically changed between songs.
4. Rockers in your band may be randomly replaced between songs.
5. The note highway often drags or freezes repeatedly (offline and online).
6. While in a menu online, the game may display the wrong rank, instrument, and/ or difficulty for you and/ or others you play with.
7. Disconnections often occur online, mid-song.
8. While in Matchmaking, you may hear someone on the mic or see another indication that the game should have taken you to the setlist already, but it has not.
9. Often online or off, upon selecting something that should take you to the setlist, the game will show an animate orange ring in the bottom right corner, which looks like an unusual loading indicator. This is essentially a sign that your game has crashed. The game crashes from many of the above glitches and at many other random times.
10. There are other bugs and shortcomings that neglected, forgot, or haven’t found yet. ...Read more
Recommended Buying Guides
- To all who have e-mailed me with wonderful, kind comments about my guide, Thanks! For those who have shared your Guitar Hero secrets and tips......big Guitar Hero Hugs! Read On and Keep Playin'! Who would... Read more
- This guide will show how to use Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith XBox 360 wireless controllers for the PC game versions of Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero Aerosmith. Reason? Well in the PC version of Guitar... Read more